Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric super chargers

vs_commodore_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
WRX STi
hay every one just wanting to no wot every one things about electric chargers. are thay any good or not worth the mony. cheers:D

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Spend your money on alcohol, that way when you p*** it up the wall you won't be sober.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
i think it pose more of a restrican as the electic motor wouldnt be able to spin fast enough to create positive presure. You would need a big electric motor to spin an impella at the speeds that the motor dose. anyway i sent them a email carnt wait for the responce:w00t:
lol here what i sent them
i have a holden with a ls2 6.0lt motor in it i was wondering what sort of gains i would see using this electic supercharger and what sort of psi does it generate

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
any response??

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
i wouldnt risk it if its plastic it might be dodgy,break and go straight down your engines throat.
if you were gonna use one of them you'd strap a quad throttle setup on an excel or somethin and have one for each throttle body, might generate some power for once.lol.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
lol no no responce yet there are a waste of money like i said they would be more of a restriction then anything and reduce air flow

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
it would restrict a 6ltr, i reckon on a motor scooter it would make it go hard as.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
They are absolutely ridiculous. Its such a dodgy solution. The ones I've seen draw some phenomenal amount of current... up to a hundred amps... possibly more. Its only good for a couple of minutes before your battery is flat because the alternator can't supply enough current to keep it charged, not to mention the sodding thing would probably pose more of a restriction on a larger engine.

I think those things are designed to meet the needs of todays ricer. "Nawww man its tuff.. It has a supercharger" if they popped the bonnet and I saw one of those I would piss myself laughing.

Its kinda like how brand decals on the front quarter panels make the car at least 2 seconds faster down the quarter.