Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 96' VS II Wagon.

Kieranj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon S2
Hey guys, Just a small build thread of my first rig, trying to keep it updated of pretty much everything that goes on with it.
Year: 1996
Series: VS II
km's: 152,000 (When inherited)
Colour: c061 Sherbrooke green

Current Mods/replaced:

Dual Fuel

Induction/Exhaust:
-VS s/c OTR Cold air induction
-Sport pod In factory box, silicone hose into manifold
-Pacemaker Extractors
-Hi Flo Cat
-Redback STR 2.5" catback (2 resi's)

Sound System:
-Sony Xplod Head Unit
-Sony 6.5" fronts
-Sony 6" rears
-Pioneer 800W monoblock amp
-Kicker CVR Dual 12" subs

Body:
Colour coded -mirrors and mounts
-door handles
- boot garnish
Black mesh in front grilles

Other small mods:
-Tinted Tail Lights (NiteShades)
-VT SS Wheels (Toyo teo+ tyres)
-Thermo Fan Switch Kit
-Bonnet respray
-Green or White LED Parkers (varies)
-Cargo Barrier removed
-Clear side blinker covers.
-painted engine cover
-NGK spark plug replacement
-NGK silicone ignition leads (LPG compatible)
-Blue diamond chrome exhaust tip
-Hoodlining re-upholstered
-HRT Floormats
-New radiator/Replaced AC button/Full service (Ryco oil filter, Penrite HPR GAS 10, coolant flush, all the usuals)

Mods planned
-Slimline plate (front)
-New windscreen
-darker window tint
-Lowered springs (superlows?) / (possibly adjustable panhard rod and strut brace?)
-Hi Flo panel filter?
-New headlight globes, 4500K or so?

Stock as a rock
o7vy2u.jpg

back quarter panel ripped off
1z1h5k9.jpg

Shocking bonnet paint.
2dsiww8.jpg

Engine Bay before converted to LPG, running dual fuel.
n350zq.jpg

Engine Bay after conversion, didn't notice a huge difference apart from a couple of hoses and fuses.
2pts7ma.jpg

Boot before:
3wxza.jpg

Boot today: Lpg tank visible and cage stripped. Stupid spare wheel mount on wheel arch.
24v16qs.jpg

Cheapy job of putting the panel back on, few screw in the trolley strips and a brace on the back (not my preference but dad did it without me knowing), cracks are still around the reflector.
ziu7nc.jpg

With VT SS wheels next to it, hopefully will be going on soon enough (5 just sitting in the garage waiting to go on)
34rvr53.jpg

The ass enddd
2valftv.jpg

UPDATE:
Raised the boot floor and screwed in all panels = boot floor now flat again.
qzhsna.jpg

Put on the VT SS Wheels (and green interior light)
2ryqzcp.jpg

2rww76x.jpg

green parkers for a bit of fun
2gxhevb.jpg

sitting in a mates driveway, looks lowered, hopefully it will be soon.
2012e4g.png

Bit of an update: Had a smash couple of months ago, only going to worry about guard, not bumper. new indicator and headlight protectors will be replaced when panel gets fixed. Also next is the Roof lining re-upholstery, then hopefully loweerrrr!
v6hkcw.jpg

can see in this one a painted fuse box cover (got bored), nice new reliable battery and NGK ignition leads set and spark plugs, As well as OEM Cold air induction with a larger cutout
xp79g2.jpg

couple of side views, clearly still too high.
2cfp2dy.jpg

5djsp2.jpg

quick interior shot
zlrm1y.jpg

got the new guard on and sprayed in, also got mirrors done in to match the car and black mesh put in all grilles (hard to notice).
rkrimr.jpg

also decided to change to some white LED parkers, new headlight globes coming soon
j9t16e.jpg

Cheers, KJ.

Last edited:

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Not a bad start man, the body and paint doesn't look too good, but by the sounds of it your going to fix it up.

nite shades are always a must for a p plater :p

future mods sound good, maybe lower her abit too?

the dual fuel is a great idea, because they chew fuel!

Kieranj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon S2
Yeh cheers mate, you're not wrong about the body and paint, pretty bad but I can't be too picky for a first car, especially since it cost me nothing. I dont know about what I'll do in terms of fixing up the body. Definately get a bit of paint work done soon. I suppose I should (bog?) that crack at the back so it can get sprayed too but I dont know much about that.

Yeh I'll probably go light on with the nite shades just to not attract too much attention, cause even then they could do me for other things, It's pretty much a hoon-by-association car isn't it ;)

I was thinking about lowering her although as I said I'm not working yet and I dont know if it will be worth it for a year or two before I upgrade to something newer. And the dual fuel was dads choice, I'm pretty happy with it, although having to raise the floor to get it flat again was annoying. And We're taking it back today to the gas guy cause it's ridiculously slow to fill up there has to be something wrong with it for 2 weeks old. Anyone know anything about that?

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
fair wagon man, paint pisses me off when the clear peels, pretty good start though!

Kieranj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon S2
Cheers mate, it is annoying ay.

So my green LED parker bulbs came in the mail today, just some cheapies off eBay, quick question though - Can anyone tell me if the parker globes are on whilst the headlights are on? If so theres no point putting them in cause my headlights will be green and defectable. (Yes I know green parkers are defectable anyway- but if they are only on in park mode then you shouldn't get caught).

Kieranj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon S2
Guys, anyone have any advice on bogging or fixing that crack before I get the bonnet painted so I can get it painted also? Whats best?

And I was also thinking about putting some chrome window surrounds on and chrome in the trolley bar? groove? thing. Whats the best way of getting onto that?