Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Window BCM Bypass

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Hi guys. I've searched around for this and it's a common issue but I can't seem to find the info I'm after.

What is the exact procedure for bypassing the BCM for the driver's electric window? I'm assuming I'd just need to join a wire from one loom to a wire on another loom meaning the wire would go from the switch, through the relay and then to the window as opposed to going through the BCM first.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
hey mate i did this not long ago... find the wire off the switch harness(pretty sure its green with a red stripe) cut it and join a wire and run that to the drivers kick panel and do the same on the wire in the harness... its only a 5 min job mate when u find the wires but make sure u cut the wire at both ends otherwise it wont work

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Thanks Lazza. I've got two VT manuals which should have wiring diagrams in them so I can confirm wire colours. I was pretty sure I just needed to join two wires, but I'm too lazy to try to pull the whole car apart to work out which ones so I'm gonna try to get the colours from a diagram.

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
u only need to get the kick panel out and pop the power window switch up so u can get to the wiring then run the new wire from the switch to the kick panel area and ya done

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I'm going to cut the looms right before the bcm and run the wire around the outside of the BCM. I now have the wiring diagram and I can see exactly which wires to solder. I'll only need to remove the fusebox cover, metal plate and airconditioner ducting under the dash to wire it directly from wire to wire on either end of the BCM

trentest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
so exactly which colour wires need to be joined?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just for my own curiosity, what is this bypass meant to achieve?

AnthVx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S - l67 Xu6 Mockup
Just did it on my vr calais. On the vr hi bcm on plug A you join green/orange (this goes to door) with green/black. There are 2 green/black wires in this plug, from memory its the one furthest from the green/orange.

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
Just for my own curiosity, what is this bypass meant to achieve?

Yeah, I wondered the same. Maybe so after the timer cutout you can use the windows without pressing the key button or flicking the ignition on and off?