Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss ls1-abs & traction control lights stay on & traction control switch not work-

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Hey all. Have looked & searched through this entire site but cant really find anything that says,this is the problem & this is what you do. Heaps of people have simiar problems by the look of it so has anyone found a solution to the following problem yet??

Got a VX S2 SS LS1 MAN,starts & stops fine,no brake lock up etc that i have noticed. Problem is when i start the car the ABS & Traction control light stays on,the traction control switch doesnt seem to work as pushing it doesnt turn on or off the traction control light. So what the problem?? I have read people saying change the ABS unit but i have also read people saying ok,i have changed my ABS unit but the same problem happens. So this cant be the problem,there must be another cause or issue. Has anyone found it or know how to fix the problem??
Yes,have checked & replaced all fuses,yes have removed all plugs concerned & cleaned but still no joy. HELP!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have a similar problem in our VT Senator, the 'trac off' light comes on after driving for a while and the button has no effect. I have put it down to a faulty wheel sensor, I just haven't had time to look at it yet.

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
Yeah sounds like the ABS Module mate

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Yes,thats what i thought it coud be as well but just checked those before. I,sat in the car for a bit scratching my head then decided to remove the fusebox under the dash for a look. It was a bit dusty/dirty behind there so i gave it a clean,once i did that i noticed a couple of wires had burn marks on them. I looked further & there was a live wire loose which was causing the burn marks,found where it was supposed to go then put it back in. Re-taped with insulation tape a couple of things then put it back together again. Turned the key on,started the car up,bingo-no abs light came on & traction control switch is working again. Wether this was a complete fluke,i will never know but alls good again with the VX. Will keep an eye on it & see if the fault comes back but,at this stage fault is gone. I dont know if this is the same problem for anyone else but,check it out,you never know

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Yeah sounds like the ABS Module mate

Problem with that one is that so far what i found was those who thought that may be the case & replaced the ABS module still had the same problem afterwards. So there maybe some manufacturing fault,who knows but have fixed my problem now & it wasnt the ABS module...this time

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
Another thing that happens to mine, when the stupid holden dealerships decide to "clean" the engine down, without telling me, when I get the car back the TC light stays on and the engine warning light. Goes off after a while and never comes back on. You could have some moisture or something somewhere it doesnt belong???

stocka ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss5.7 auto
i had the same problem with my vy ss .i put LED tail light bulbs in a few months later the cruise and tractin control would work sometimes and other times it wouldnt found after a friend of mine took his car to holden with the same problem that the LEDs stuff with the voltage to the break light switch witch intern affects the cruise and traction control so i took them out so i took them out and problem is gone

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
Thats right dude, LED Taillights don't get along with the cruise control,, not so sure about the traction however?..
Something about the cruise that uses an earth that is on the same line as the taillights.. So with LED they use less amperage to run which floods the cruise unit.. Theirfore switching itself off

Easy way to get around it is to wack in a few "Load resistors" in parallel with the taillights, not with the brake lights like i did :p..
Ya can find the load resistors on ebay for a few bucks. They work pretty good.. Sorry about drifting off-topic :p

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Yes,thats what i thought it coud be as well but just checked those before. I,sat in the car for a bit scratching my head then decided to remove the fusebox under the dash for a look. It was a bit dusty/dirty behind there so i gave it a clean,once i did that i noticed a couple of wires had burn marks on them. I looked further & there was a live wire loose which was causing the burn marks,found where it was supposed to go then put it back in. Re-taped with insulation tape a couple of things then put it back together again. Turned the key on,started the car up,bingo-no abs light came on & traction control switch is working again. Wether this was a complete fluke,i will never know but alls good again with the VX. Will keep an eye on it & see if the fault comes back but,at this stage fault is gone. I dont know if this is the same problem for anyone else but,check it out,you never know
Can you please tell me which wire this was??? colour location???
I have changed abs module and still having abs and trac light coming on