Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 VX S2 Acclaim OR 2002 VX S2 SSpack

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought a white 2002 VX Commodore Acclaim S2 about 1 month ago. There's a pic of it attached. Has tinted windows, 17" vx ss rims and done 100000km.

My brother's mate has decided to sell his black 2002 VX S2 Commodore - SS pack. Done 130000km, has tinted windows, and is lowered.

Now, he is willing to trade/swap cars and will let me keep my 17" VX SS rims. Is this a good deal considering I paid $16,500 and he only wants $15000. Still sounds good to me but what do u think? Also what will insurance be like considering I'm 18 and on my P's???

Need advice ASAP as I need to let him know by the end of this week.

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
An SS pack? gawd.

Just curious, why would you keep your wheels if he is selling an SS? The wheels are exactly the same lol. Secondly, check out insurance price's. 15k for a Series 2 VX SS is dirt cheap and i wouldnt even hesitate in swapping....

Kickars2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
but it could have been flogged.
i have a mate with a 2002 ss with 68000 and the car is stuff it has been flogged hard.
so i would suss that out.
oh and have you seem the prices of fuel these days?

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
minux i'm swapping wheels cause he's got 16" and I got 17". And yeh I do need to check insurance? Don't think the car would've been flogged to hard but I'm curious to find out

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
might be worth checking out the power to weight ratio restrictions for P platers in your state aswel.

trepaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 308
if we're talking about an actual SS with a V8 then swap it for sure. insurance will be astronomical, of course. but if it's just an S pack with a V6 then i wouldn't bother, you'd be better off sticking with the car you already know and trust. it may very well have been totally flogged, and at the end of the day its not going to go any faster

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ruso said:
minux i'm swapping wheels cause he's got 16" and I got 17". And yeh I do need to check insurance? Don't think the car would've been flogged to hard but I'm curious to find out

If it only has 16's i highly doubt it is an SS.

What motor is under the bonnet?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
It's probably an S with SS kit, if it has 16's.

18yo on P's with an SS - check power:weight ratios for your state to see if you are even allowed to drive it, also insurance will be very very scary, expect $3K+.

If it's an S, I don't see there will be much difference with what you have already, except the kit.

Also obviously get the donk checked out regardless of what it is.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
the kit on an ss is the same as an s pack!
the only difference in kits is that the ss came standard with the fog lights, where as the s pack had them as an option (just came with holes in the body kit if no lights ordered), and obviously the black headlights on the ss.
they look the same otherwise... apart from the SS and V8 badges on the sides and back.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
hmm - me thinks you made a typo and mean S pack?
ive got one myself and the insurance really isn't that much more than a stock commodore. but the insurance will skyrocket if it's the supercharged vx-s on your p plates - even more so if you're a first-car buyer with no no-claim-discount built up.