Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mafless pipe on manual

• Thread starter Back In Black !!!!
  • Start date
B

Back In Black !!!!

Hi Guys & Girls,

Just wondering if i installed a 4" Maf pipe (GTS Style) on my manual VT SS would i have to get my edit done ASAP or could i wait a month or so. If i could do this as i dont have time to do it straight away, would there be any negative side effects i.e. economy, rough idle e.t.c. in the meantime ???

Please do not hesitate to give a detailed explanation as to what and why.
As i read the dictionary one night when i was in year 7 cause i was bored ??
So i like words but im no geek !!! Just ask the ladies !!!!
Regards, Brad

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Back In Black !!!! said:
Hi Guys & Girls,

Just wondering if i installed a 4" Maf pipe (GTS Style) on my manual VT SS would i have to get my edit done ASAP or could i wait a month or so. If i could do this as i dont have time to do it straight away, would there be any negative side effects i.e. economy, rough idle e.t.c. in the meantime ???

Please do not hesitate to give a detailed explanation as to what and why.
As i read the dictionary one night when i was in year 7 cause i was bored ??
So i like words but im no geek !!! Just ask the ladies !!!!
Regards, Brad

Your post is very funny especially the last part..

You are not going to need an edit just for a 4" Maf pipe. If you alreay have exhaust extractors. Then maybe it will be time to get one, but theres no hurry.

It ain't going to make that much difference if you just put on the Maf pipe

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ludacris said:
Your post is very funny especially the last part..

You are not going to need an edit just for a 4" Maf pipe. If you alreay have exhaust extractors. Then maybe it will be time to get one, but theres no hurry.

It ain't going to make that much difference if you just put on the Maf pipe

With the GTS pipe, it wont allow the MAF to be there, so yes, he will need the tune done straight away, as it will be running mafless.

B

Back In Black !!!!

But isn't the computer already set up for a manual therefore no alterations need be made for a auto gearbox.

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
minux said:
With the GTS pipe, it wont allow the MAF to be there, so yes, he will need the tune done straight away, as it will be running mafless.

been hearing abit of mafless on here, so whats the deal? can u run without a maf, if u get your ecu re config'd? and who does this, and is there much benifit?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
VTvoodoo said:
been hearing abit of mafless on here, so whats the deal? can u run without a maf, if u get your ecu re config'd? and who does this, and is there much benifit?

About a 10-20 rwkw gain, dpeending on who does the tune. But it needs ot be tuned to run mafless. Beleive most guys get about 220 rwkw maf tuned, 235 mafless...

Im talking about LS1 engines, not 6;s
But isn't the computer already set up for a manual therefore no alterations need be made for a auto gearbox.

What do you mean? If you don't run a maf it doesn't matter if it is an auto or a manual, it will need ot be tuned to match.

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
minux said:
About a 10-20 rwkw gain, dpeending on who does the tune. But it needs ot be tuned to run mafless. Beleive most guys get about 220 rwkw maf tuned, 235 mafless...

Im talking about LS1 engines, not 6;s

What do you mean? If you don't run a maf it doesn't matter if it is an auto or a manual, it will need ot be tuned to match.

o ok , sorry was thinking we were talking about v6's ...anyone do mafless on v6's?

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
VTvoodoo said:
o ok , sorry was thinking we were talking about v6's ...anyone do mafless on v6's?
iv'e got a maffless tune on my vt factory charged 6
Cuckoo

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
can someone give me a rundown on what needs to be done to run mafless on a v6 eco? and cuckoo, how much did this set you back $$?

cheers