Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which is better you decide but specify why!

Which car shall he buy ...?

• VS Commo

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Vt Commo

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • VS Kitted Commo

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • VT Kitted Commo

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
V

vpwgn

Hi.

In the market for a commo and was wondering is it better to buy a VS ute or a VT sedan and why. They are roughly the same price. Whats the deal with that? Please help thanks

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
go for the vt. had a 98 series one acclaim for a few years now.it has now travelled over 200000ks only problems weve had have been a broken wire in one rear door a traction control light that stays on occasionally and its first oil leak recently(power steering pump)it goes in tomorrow for new rear springs(sagged from towing maybe??)and an air/con service(it stopped getting cold a couple of weeks ago hope it just needs a regas or nothing major ill let you know) i dont know if weve just been lucky or if its because the car is serviced every 10000ks without fail having said all that its really up to you what you want i personally think the vt looks much better than a vr/vs.and reading the posts in the vr/vs section they have their share of problems too as do the vt

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I'd stay clear of a series I VT.

vt looks much better than a vr/vs
Whats wrong with a nicely bodykitted VS with rims? Or, for the extra money you can save by buying a VS, you could spend it on performance!!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Go the vt, whats performance when you can't take people around.. personally I'd only get a ute if I had a need for all the space in the back, other then that passengers are good.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
Added a poll to your thread, maybe that might help you decide....

:)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Voted VT commo, as standard as possible, that way you make the mods you want..Not the ones somebody else wanted.

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
2_SeeK_U said:
I'd stay clear of a series I VT.

Whats wrong with a nicely bodykitted VS with rims?

(1)for what reason? what are the major probs with a series 1?

(2)nothing but why not a newer more modern looking vt with a bodykit and rims?

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
beckrey said:
(1)for what reason? what are the major probs with a series 1?

(2)nothing but why not a newer more modern looking vt with a bodykit and rims?
1) its known that the series I's were prone to faults.

2)Money, to buy a VS II, your going to save atleast a couple of grand, which will give you enough money for bodykit and rims.

Don't get me wrong, l'd love a VT series II, even more a VX, but for this price range, your going to have abit of money left over to do whatever you like to the car.

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
2_SeeK_U said:
1) its known that the series I's were prone to faults.

such as??

ive known a couple of people with series 1 vt's and like ours they have all proven to be very reliable cars!im not knocking the vs they are probably a good car too but be realistic the newest vs you can get now is almost 8 years old.you keep saying he could have money left over for a bodykit what if he doesnt want one?

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
VS Commo...I prefer a sedan than a ute, just a personal preference. I like the look of the VS over the VT, and the only kit I like on a VS is the SS kit...
Utes tend to hold their value a little more then sedans...
I agree with beckrey too...there's a series one VT at the front of our house and it hasn't had any problem...
speaking of which vpwgn, if you happen to decide on the VT sedan and you're from VIC, I have one for sale ;)