Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do they still make the SS VX body kit?

B

borgy

Well im assuming Holden don't. But are there places that still make the SS VX bodykit? I wanna start modifying my car a bit since i bought it with everything stock.

Also id be grateful if anyone could tell me how much a panel beater would charge to fit a body kit? and spray.... and fit alloys?

Thanks in advance.

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
If ur in mel. Try JHP (www.JHP.com.au). they have pretty good HSV and holden Kits. A panel beater would charge around $800-$1300 for the whole body kit to be sprayed and fitted! The alloys u could do it urself. Save the cash. Good luck mate!

B

borgy

If ur in mel. Try JHP (www.JHP.com.au). they have pretty good HSV and holden Kits. A panel beater would charge around $800-$1300 for the whole body kit to be sprayed and fitted! The alloys u could do it urself. Save the cash. Good luck mate!

Thanks for all that it helped heaps now i roughly know what im looking at spending, looking through the site though they have VX bodykit listed and it looks like a VT weird.......

Taiyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec Wagon
I was about to suggest the same thing.

If you are after a well done body kit etc. The best place to go in to JHP. You will pay for quality though.

Around $2500 for a full bodykit with foglamps, wiring, fitting, spraying etc.

If not... you can look around for a few places around Melbourne which do Used/Reconditioned Bumpers. I've seen a few around and the quality you get back is really quite good. I've bought VX SS front for my wagon and i can't fault it and it has already been primed.

Worth a thought

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
holden will still sell the VX SS body kit.
best one to buy although expensive....the genuine plastic alot better, stronger, easier to paint etc that the cheapo fiberglass imitation

B

borgy

holden will still sell the VX SS body kit.
best one to buy although expensive....the genuine plastic alot better, stronger, easier to paint etc that the cheapo fiberglass imitation

So Holden are still making the VX SS kit then... sweet cause thats what im really after, i dont wanna put a massive bodykit on my car cause i mainly drive it around for work and stuff.... would you happen to know how much this kit is brand new from holden?

Taiyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec Wagon
Side Skirts are around the $70ea + End Caps which are around $7ea.
Front Bar is around the $450 new + Rear Bar for a Sedan is about the same.

B

borgy

Hmm i dunno, i think ill go with the genuine Holden kit due to it being better quality. Thank you everyone for your help.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Yeh in that case i would just post a WANTED in the wtb/fs section of the site and see if anyone has a ss parts for sale.

otherwise here are some companies that do kits...
www.ssv.com.au
www.spoilerfactory.com.au

i wouldnt worry about the reproduction kits being bad quality, but being made of fibreglass they are easily repairable. - imo