Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbocharged VXII S

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Hi guys,
Just picked up a 02 VXII S commodore and want to turbocharge the engine. I live in Sydney, any ideas on where to go, best places etc? Also how much can I expect to pay for upgrade?
Any suggestions would be great:thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why bother...its a 6.

Give marrano's a call, i am sure they can point you in the right direction.

Reidy

Twin Turbo V6 Project
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Price varies greatly on how much power you want. The FIT designed and flow tested manifolds are approx $2800, twin turbo manifolds approx $2300 have a look at http://tastyturbos.com/. then you have turbo cost, intercooler and piping - varies on size and setup, injector cost - approx $110 for 660cc inj each, hi-flow fuel pump - approx $230, 2 or 3 bar map sensor $130, V6 supercharge piston heads - approx $850 custom exhaust pipes, computer should be either changed to a VT or delco computer or you can fit a haltech interceptor ($1000) piggy backed on the VX pcm then it needs to be fully tuned - approx $1200. But if you want to pull hard power then you also need to look at new crank, conrods, CAS, bigger cam, etc....
Running a complete turbo setup is very costly, but if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Just to let you know as well they have been running these blocks with turbos since mid 80's in the buick's in the USA, they have been known to be capable of pulling in the 8's on the strip.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Why bother...its a 6.

look at ITT38L! (The 2006 peoples king from street commodores) that thing has sum awesome power for a street driven car~ and it took out tha COTY comp for street commodores mag~ beating alotta other cars (Sum absolutely stunning V8s)to do so~

I heard capa do a kit for tha ecotec v6 bout $4999 installed inc tuning etc prob wrong tho :whistling

Reidy

Twin Turbo V6 Project
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
CAPA have a turbo kit for the LS1 around $9000 and supercharger kits for the V6 starting at about $5000 for 7 psi boost. These are good kits with everything you need for supercharging.

CommSport had a kit a while back, but not sure what happened to them, theirs was around $8000 if i remember right.

Just for other upgrades possible for twin turbos, COME are possibly coming out with a twin throttle for the ecotec V6 :)