Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

converting VT V6 to gas..worth it??

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
hey guys,

im looking at converting the VT to gas as the WA govt is contributing $3000 to the whole process..im really only putting in $300 out of my own pocket..which shouldnt get long to get back...
what i would like to know..how reliable is the conversion as i need it as a daily driver..what kind of economy are you getting?? would like to know pros and cons of it all..
cheers

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Ive got factory gas and I get between 418-480kms out of a tank ($30 a tank). Ive found mine gr8 and very reliable, plus with the CAI and zorst i found i only lose a little power on takeoff.....BUT Ive heard a few pplz having problems with aftermarket installed LPG systems.... Id reccomend getting the system installed by a good installer: get reccomendations off other pplz that have had it done, See how much experience they have had doing installs etc....

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
well errrrr...whats the size of yer..... tank?? :yeah:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I'd guess around 50L... $30/60C (per L)

1means

Reaction score
ive had my vu on gas for a few years now. cost $2500 when i had it done, runs great get about 350km to a tank ( fully loaded ute with tools )

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Ok ask just ask yourself a coupla questions first. What kit are you getting? are you going dual fuel or straight gas? have you looked at the advantages of each?

Personally im not a big fan of dual fuel as ita a huge compramise as you cant tune your car to run propperly on both fuels so as soon as I have the pennies im getting my ute converted to staight gas which is gonna involve having the valves replaced as as the stock ones can burn out and anything else that needs to be done to run it properly. so basicly the heads are gonna need rebuilding.