Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

traction control button

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
Is it possible to make the traction button work the wrong way round? as in its deactivated during normal driving and you can engage it when you want but goes back to deactivated on next start up?

its just that i prefer to drive without traction activated and if i need it i'll use it.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yes it's possible.

Two ways..... Get a Tech 2 to do the work.... or create an electronic circuit to simulate Trac Control being pressed at startup (turning it off).

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
couldnt you pull out the existing switch and re-wire it.

my bad for bump.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
couldnt you pull out the existing switch and re-wire it.

my bad for bump.

I'm only taking a guess here but I would have thought that this switch is just a normally open push button switch... meaning each push of the button closes the circuit, sending a signal to the computer which then changes the state of the traction control electronically.

Tech2 would have to be used to reprogram the computer to have the traction control set to off by default... or like alien said, a small circuit set up to simulate a press of the button on start up, maybe with the use of a small PLC or something?

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
Sweer idea. I would love to do that to mine too. though i've made it second nature to turn it off so i would have to get used to not having to push it, lol.
Let us know how it works out if you can get it done.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I think because I have LPG install the TC is disabled... I'm not sure cause I havent tried to do a burn out yet but its getting wet here in WA so I'll give it a go next time at home.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
trac is c**p and dangerous fullstop

i cant see any situation i would want it.. unless you lend it to someone else i spose :p

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
motec ecu's with traction control feature can be used for traction to be on or off at certain times i believe, but depends if you want to spped that much and go that far.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
It can be done... because they do it with the gas, just the only thing is when the car is switched to gas it turnds off

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
yep.... traction control can be dangerous at time's and just full on annoying to say the least... i thought about getting a techy to do something about it but then just decided to hit the switch when i clicked my seatbelt in as it's right there. way cheaper too.