Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

waking up after an operation?

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
I had my nose put straight after geting it badly broken boxing, the doctor missed the garden hose sized vein in my arm the first time then i just woke up in recovery with a plaster face and empty stomach.

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Its basically the best "sleep" you would have ever had - I loved it LOL!

Got my appendix out and had to get rushed in because of how close to bursting it was. They put the mask over ya and you count down from 10 and I only made it to about 6 or 7.

Waking back up is a bit sketchy, your a bit over the shop and dazed/disorientated about it all because mainly you got no idea where the hell you are (recovery ward) and you'll just wanna sleep even more but nothing to be worried about :)

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
i woke up so hungry, man i could have eaten a horse, they wheeled me around to my ward after my knee op, that was the only time in 10 yrs my leg didnt hurt. i had a pizza delivered, i smashed it, and i tell ya, no-more than 2 seconds after eating the last peice, i was throwing it up.

did the usual, had a mask on, counted backwards, 10, 9, 8, next thing i wake up in recovery, wanted my phone, rang my mum, mum reminds me of this bit, i rang her and said mum im out, its done, next thing she hears is this laugh, a bang, and a nurse spoke to her, i fell straight asleep again, they laughed cause i was hanging off the bed, and i droped the phone. i slept for around 8 hour's.

nothing to fear the worst part is when they put the thingy in your arm, the rest is easy.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i dislocated my shoulder and got knocked out to put it back in..
all i remember was him injecting stuff into the cathader (yes the fat tube!!!!) in my arm and saying "breathe, brea...." and i was gone..

Umm Bec, A Cathader is a tube they stick up your pee-pee to drain your bladder. A Cannula is the tube they stick in your arm for IV.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I woke up after an Operation yelling at the surgeion that he "used the wrong spanners". No idea what I was on about, but must have seemed right at the time lol, lucky he had a sense of humour aswell.
Other times its just like waking up after a big sleep, unless you wake up in a heap of pain, thats ****ed.
Also you will be hungry as Garth said, but try not to eat for a while caus it will just come straight back up and the pretty nurse wont be happy :p

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Cathater is not an enjoyable experience!

Like 'VjamesY' said if you get your own supply it can make the boring arse stay enjoyable, until they take it off you of course!

I hear what your saying 'Tim Smtih' The whole 'outpatients' program is crap, I've had to go in for a further 2 surgeries as an outpatient (after being stuck in hospital for 2 1/2months) and man they make you wait for ever, and the hunger pains!
First thing i did when i woke up in recovery was ask where the food was at, and they're like 'sorry its 7:30, theres nothing left'
Needless to say the old man went and got macca's.

To the OP all people react differently to the drugs. Some people have a spew and feel like crap, others just want to sleep, and others (like me) get so bloody used to it, that if it wasn't a leg getting operated on i could probably walk straight outta recovery!

You'll be right champ. GL.

B

BXHD

Just try not to talk when waking up, you can and will say all sort of random crap.

HAHAHAHAHA SOOO TRUE!

i remember waking up, everything was white and heard dads voice and said, "dad, did u remember to bring the cheese from switzerland?!" and then i was out again bahaha.
then when i woke up properly i wanted to run around but the nurse wouldnt let me sit up and i really needed to pee :p haha.

B

BXHD

Umm Bec, A Cathader is a tube they stick up your pee-pee to drain your bladder. A Cannula is the tube they stick in your arm for IV.

LOL! mah bad. it was a fat tube of some sort and i didnt like it :( the needle they used to feed the tube in looked like a fat horse needle. they gave me a local anesthetic first because it was hugee. :spew:

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
u will be fine u wont even notice a thing.. u will prob wake up morphined off ur face

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
And if your like me you will wake up very hungry.