Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teen arrested for listening to rap music.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
As I'm replying I'm listening to a song where the only lyrics are... "get the F____ out my B____" and no, its not rap :p

Anyway. The main thing that I wanted to add to this thread was:

Your language is offensive! - Alan from the Hangover.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
Dunno.. Maybe I'm reading to much into your little rant but it looks like the "(including music that you are playing that can be heard by the general public off your property) can get you charged, especially if you're an idiot to the cop who turned up to tell you to turn it down." part is aimed at me because I had the hide to tell a cop where to get off.

If I'm wrong forgive me, if I'm right they weren't there to tell me to turn down my music. They were there 'cause I was kicking out my son who liked playing loud(rap) music and had car subwoofers connected to his amp that would shake the house. They interfered in a family matter even though my son called them they should have looked beyond my poor discriminated against boy. He felt it was so unfair. The cop didn't have to put up with that **** and I don't go to cops houses and tell them how to deal with their 17yo sons. I don't feel the need to pointlessly abuse police at the cop shop but if they are on my premises and go over the line.. well...

Anyway, swearing.. Big deal. Get over it unless your an 80yo nun.

Edit: I think there's a commonly used phrase in this forum that applies.. Take a teaspoon of concrete and harden the f** up. I'm sick of this "Oh I feel so offended, my feelings are hurt."

Sometimes people need to be told where to go or what they are.

I don't mind swearing (in case you didn't notice) but there is a time and a place for it.

Just don't be an idiot, think about others, and you should be sweet.

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
If you say so.. Just stating a fact. Obviously if I'd say that to a cop I'd give a rats arse what you think;)

You want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
You want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Hehe.. I don't have a need for a medal, my chest is fine and I still don't give a rats arse what you think. What are you trying to prove with the primary school retorts?

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm bored and you're a fool.
Works for me.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I'm bored and you're a fool.
Works for me.

OK.. Whatever makes you happy. Like I've told you.. I don't give a rats arse what you think. :kissmy: :beer chug:

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK, back on topic before this thread gets closed...
Has anyone actually found out the officer's side of the story? Or are we all going off the journo's reporting?
Because we all know how trustworthy those media guys are...

EDIT: Just youtube'd this kid selzy. Rap is not my thing by any means, but the language is no worse than I've heard coming from some better known American rap and metal bands. Possibly a bit of an overreaction but I'll still wait to see what the cop has to say.

Last edited:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
OK, back on topic before this thread gets closed...
Has anyone actually found out the officer's side of the story? Or are we all going off the journo's reporting?
Because we all know how trustworthy those media guys are...

Well I think the journo that was reporting was in the court for the first appearance. We can tell that as there are a couple of quotes that would only have come from the prosecuting side in the article. Read the article again and you _should_ be able to see them. I'm sure if there was more incriminating stuff in there from the police it would have been mentioned as we all know the media likes a story.

Edit:
EDIT: Just youtube'd this kid selzy. Rap is not my thing by any means, but the language is no worse than I've heard coming from some better known American rap and metal bands. Possibly a bit of an overreaction but I'll still wait to see what the cop has to say.

It's good to see you doing some research instead of jumping the gun and presuming him guilty. I've googled the story to find more but there is no more than in the article already posted so we'll probably have to wait till June for more information unless someone makes a big deal out of it and digs up court transcripts.

Last edited:

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
But there's nothing directly from the officer.
Only an account of what has occurred (incomplete? I don't know, I wasn't there).
There's a little from his mother, and some from the artist, some from the defendant, but that's all I can see.

If what the police had to say clashed with what the journo thought would sell, or the point they were trying to make with the article, they're obviously not going to include it. End of the day, I wasn't there, you weren't there, nobody was, so until we know all the facts nobody is fit to make a fully informed judgement of the situation.