Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loudest commo SEDAN in aus

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
and you got that figure gee i have a 5000w 15 i know the two 12's have more cone area but #### i would have to come close to that figure

vt josh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
get some time on a term lab have a go and make a vid

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yes much harder in a wagon.

Why does it have to be the loudest Commodore sedan?

Smaller car, less money, more gains.......

If your interested ingetting into SPL, i wouldn't reccomend using a Commodore. Not saying it can't be done, obviously it can, and has been, but there are much easy way's of getting big numbers.......

Last edited:

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
lol, you people are funny.

a wagon isn't harder, a sedan is.

if we're talking about same model car, wagon VS sedan, the sedan will nearly always be quieter.

vt josh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
because thats what the question asked because that what i would like to know

but why should i follow the trend and get a small car its just like saying get a v8 because it is easyer to make power out of them id rather be the guy that smashed the v8 with my v6 im just not they type of guy that likes to follow trends in the car scene

thankyou ammojammo sure the wagon has more a more air to push but the sedan has a back seat it has to push sound and air through it just aint gunna happen as easy and being the car i have a vt the back seats are also thicker and the ski hole is smaller then the vs

dont mean to be rude about this but it just shits me how the topic of talk has now changed i didnt put this up to start **** with people i put it up because i had a question i wanted the answer to so if you could please help me with the answer reply

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Pretty sure a car as common and as mass produced as a Commodore, could be seen as following a trend by now.

We don't know that the loudest Commodore in Austrlaia is.

I was only advising that if your considering buying some gear and entering some competeitions, then that it pays to have a car that works in your favour, rather than against it.

Last edited:

vt josh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
im talking in spl mate out of all the comps i have been to i have only seen one other commodore make over 140db so i think using a commodore in spl is not a trend at all

you might not know but im sure there is some body else on here that might know

mate dont mean to be rude but if you read up i have all ready got all my gear and the car is making numbers the keep up with the smaller cars at comps

i would rather do it my way as your saying that hard way

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
i personally think its harder to make DB's in a wagon.

but i think what the OP is trying to say with the louder the DB is he is refering to getting volume into the cabin and not chasing number

i think he is confused.

i have a 2000w alpine amp and 4 soundstream subs that might be going into my boot soon.. would be fun to see the number i will hit.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Seeing as no one had an answer to the OP's original question, i don't see any harm in going a bit off topic and starting a convo regarding sedan vs wagon. At the very least it will add some useful info to the thread.

I have never competed in SPL events, so i do not have any first hand experience. I was (still am) under the impression that a sedan will be louder than a wagon using the same components. This is based on my knowledge that a sub's main purpose is to move air. The less air it has to move, the more sound pressue it can create. I also think this is why you see a lot of people entering competitions in smaller vehicles, like 3dr hatchbacks.

Ofcourse i could be very wrong. I would like to hear people's thoughts on this, particulary those who have competed in events. I'm always up for learning , and this could be helpful to anyone interested in getting involved in events in the future.