Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clubsport look alike

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Pretty funny the cheaper SV6 beating the FG (yes it had the $2000 ZF option) I agree :D Don't even bother trying to turn this thread about that. Go take some more pictures of your computer screen LOL

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
An SV6 will NOT beat a NA XR6, manual or auto.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
1troll.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
An SV6 will NOT beat a NA XR6, manual or auto.

I think they do by about .1 or .2 of a second.

No questions, the Ford ZF Auto is superior, but the SV6 (not SIDI) is slightly quicker.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Why dont you settle this debate on the streets......... lets get a XR6 5 speed, a Non SIDI SV6, SIDI SV6 and 6 speed XR6 and line them all up....... thats a true test........ none of this road test motor mag or wheels crap........

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Why dont you settle this debate on the streets......... lets get a XR6 5 speed, a Non SIDI SV6, SIDI SV6 and 6 speed XR6 and line them all up....... thats a true test........ none of this road test motor mag or wheels crap........

Where do you think Wheels and all them got their figures from? They did drags in them.

The point is, there is literally not much difference in the two, .1 or .2 seconds...XR6 has slightly more torque, so it gets the better jump, but the SV6 has more high end power, so it comes back at higher revs. = basically the same.

Same as an XR6T vs SS....nothing really in it, very similar. SS has more torque and widespread power, gets the better jump and has more power low down, XR6T lags waiting for the turbo to spool up, but then catches up when it boosts....

Very similar performance figures.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Where do you think Wheels and all them got their figures from? They did drags in them.

The point is, there is literally not much difference in the two, .1 or .2 seconds...XR6 has slightly more torque, so it gets the better jump, but the SV6 has more high end power, so it comes back at higher revs. = basically the same.

Same as an XR6T vs SS....nothing really in it, very similar. SS has more torque and widespread power, gets the better jump and has more power low down, XR6T lags waiting for the turbo to spool up, but then catches up when it boosts....

Very similar performance figures.

Sorry mate but your quote dont make sense.Yes the FG XR6T has foreplay but it still makes 533nm at 1800-4000rpm,the Chev is nowhere near that in every aspect of RPM.12.9 1/4 mile is the benchmark for a "stock"FG XR6T ZF 6spd and wearing the shitey Dunlops from the factory.There is a good 1/2 second ET gap between the two.The FG XR6T is the same to 100 as the F6 due to a smaller .86 rear housing compared to 1.06 to aid turbo spool faster,after 100 though the F6 reigns it in with the benchmark standard and on Dunlops being 12.58@113mph.
I think if Fords used as good a tyre as Holden the times would droip a tenth all round the board.
Most XR6T's run up 230-250rwkw(yes big variances on same dynos and operators) as a rule and more torque than the SS,stock SS's make around 220rwkw max and dont get going until 3k really.

Said it once and ill say again,Im glad im not biassed,hense my rides.1 for cruisin and 1 for bruizin.....

Having driven both though and with a little contempt I can honestly say the XR6T is very noticeably quicker everywhere,just doesnt look as good as the VE imo,BA/BF different story...

Last edited: