Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clubsport look alike

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Same as an XR6T vs SS....nothing really in it, very similar. SS has more torque and widespread power, gets the better jump and has more power low down, XR6T lags waiting for the turbo to spool up, but then catches up when it boosts.....

I lol'd at this... 270kw and 533Nm of torque to the XR6T. And that torque is available from 1800 - 4000 rpm... Trounces the Holden V8s.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Sorry mate but your quote dont make sense.Yes the FG XR6T has foreplay but it still makes 533nm at 1800-4000rpm,the Chev is nowhere near that in every aspect of RPM.12.9 1/4 mile is the benchmark for a "stock"FG XR6T ZF 6spd and wearing the shitey Dunlops from the factory.There is a good 1/2 second ET gap between the two.The FG XR6T is the same to 100 as the F6 due to a smaller .86 rear housing compared to 1.06 to aid turbo spool faster,after 100 though the F6 reigns it in with the benchmark standard and on Dunlops being 12.58@113mph.
I think if Fords used as good a tyre as Holden the times would droip a tenth all round the board.
Most XR6T's run up 230-250rwkw(yes big variances on same dynos and operators) as a rule and more torque than the SS,stock SS's make around 220rwkw max and dont get going until 3k really.

Said it once and ill say again,Im glad im not biassed,hense my rides.1 for cruisin and 1 for bruizin.....

Having driven both though and with a little contempt I can honestly say the XR6T is very noticeably quicker everywhere,just doesnt look as good as the VE imo,BA/BF different story...

Figures are about right. I'll answer both posts below.

I lol'd at this... 270kw and 533Nm of torque to the XR6T. And that torque is available from 1800 - 4000 rpm... Trounces the Holden V8s.

I beg to differ. I have seen numerous tests between the two cars. 2010 FG XR6T ute and a 2009 VE SS Ute - both manual, both with exhausts.

Tested at Calder XR6T made a 13.32, VE basically the same....average it out, both the SS and XR6T end up with 1/4 mile times of around 13.2 - 13.4 consistently (both).

Street drags, SS gets the jump and leads earlier, once boost kicks in, the XR6T catches up and ends up basically head to head.

I know the figures are different and I am not biased in any way shape or form, as I am not a Holden fan boy...I'm simply stating my personal experience with both cars. They perform basically the same...

Experience is talking here, not a figure related opinion.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It's common for stock FG XR6Ts to run sub 13s. So whatever you did/saw at Calder isn't the best.

Regarding experience, I have OWNED (and therefore driven) three VEs, one with a 195kw Alloytec V6, one with a LS2 and one with a L98. ALL of them were slower and less responsive (and for what its worth, not as well fitted or finished) than the XR50 Turbo I now own and drive daily. I'm not one of these one eye Holden or Ford fanatics/loonies. I buy the best of the bunch, and what's most suited to me, at the time I'm buying... NOTHING from Holden or HSV comes close to the current FG XR6T in terms of performance, fitting, finish and value for money. Looks are subjective. I don't mind the VE and I don't mind the FG.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
It's common for stock FG XR6Ts to run sub 13s. So whatever you did/saw at Calder isn't the best.

Regarding experience, I have OWNED (and therefore driven) three VEs, one with a 195kw Alloytec V6, one with a LS2 and one with a L98. ALL of them were slower and less responsive than the XR50 Turbo I now own and drive daily.

If this is the case then I stand corrected. The utes I was referring to are both owned by good mates who are both very car savvy guys. So the 'rivalry' or 'testing' was pretty thorough to find out that they were both pretty similar....

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Stock ZF 6speed auto XR6T's have run 12.9's,I witnessed this at the Ford Forums drag day at Heathcott.Both cars were running crappy half tread hard dunlops and left with roughly 1500rpm of stall as anymore would turn into a 60ft powerskid.I ran a 11.8 @118 he he.

The one you saw had a exhaust and most likely 1-2tenths quicker than a stocky,actually alot quicker than a stocky.The XR6T/FG is a hard car to get the best ET out of as there as so many more variables to deal with than the N/A SS.The times you see with SS's seem to consistant across the board suggesting they are easier to drive,the Ford Turbos "need" the right person behind the wheel and not someone that knows how to just point and shoot.

Exhaust equipped SS 13.4

Stock allround FG XR6T Auto 12.9

Check this out for a stock SS time.He launches and shifts fine the wholw way,interesting isnt it?

This is what I mean about the Fords really needing the correct technique to get the most out of them,this fella did not do that and is 3 tenths off what they can do "stock".
YouTube - VE SS UTE vs FPV F6 FG both cars stock quarter mile

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
ok thanks everyone for there advice and ii had a feeling many people would disagree but im only 17 and i cant exactly afford a real clubby haha so i have to choose the alternative. i also realised that on both sides of the car the side vents/indacators are alot bigger than the standard omega ones can this be changed also?

Do what you want to your car bro (that includings putting HSV badges on it, although i dont particually agree with that part of it)
HSV kits look good, and Omega's look really plain, so i'd probably want to do something to it aswell.
Yes the guards can be changed, probably not cheaply tho......

One thing you need to learn about certain people here, is they have the mindset that things are done their way, or your not allowed to do it. Putting these people on your ingore list will make your time here much more welcoming (theres a big difference between negativity and constructive critisism)