Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social welfare

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
it's amazing how alot of different people carry on like everybody else is exactly the same, do you all not realise that every person is different and so are there circumstances, e.g. upbringing, role models, examples set, education, lifestyles etc........
if we were all the same and had the same values and opinions what would life be like?
what would be the use of the PUB section here on JC's?
what would you all do if you had nobody to judge and b!tch about?
not everyone on the dole or the single parent benefit is the same nor are there circumstances, I think more people need to open up there field of vision and stop judging people on what YOU HEARD ON THE NEWS or saw sometimes at the shops or centrelink.

also to the tax man above, don't you get a tax return?
do you not relise everybody including the so called bludgers pay GST, those with cars also pay fuel excise,
do you realise that these bludgers that smoke and drink also pay huge amounts of tax.
and here is anther way the goverment can make sh!t loads of money, fine motorists, fine criminals, raise registration fees and utilities bills, oh wait they already do that don't they.

I am not advocating the long term unemployed or the little tart around the corner with 6 kids with six different fathers, I see this as a problem too,
I am just trying to give a more realistic perspective on this one sided thread.

now you can flame me, but atleast open your mind and look at the whole picture.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
But that's just the government getting their money back. If they gave it to them in the first place.

I think if your unemployed and seeking a benefit. If your under 30 here's a military sign up form. Can guarantee alot of these people currently one the dole would "find" a job. It wouldn't be that bad for those in the military. The people who didn't take it seriously would just stay in the boot camp phase and do all the **** jobs. If some of those who were going to turn to crime got some discipline in their life that might help too.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
it's amazing how alot of different people carry on like everybody else is exactly the same, do you all not realise that every person is different and so are there circumstances, e.g. upbringing, role models, examples set, education, lifestyles etc........
if we were all the same and had the same values and opinions what would life be like?
what would be the use of the PUB section here on JC's?
what would you all do if you had nobody to judge and b!tch about?
not everyone on the dole or the single parent benefit is the same nor are there circumstances, I think more people need to open up there field of vision and stop judging people on what YOU HEARD ON THE NEWS or saw sometimes at the shops or centrelink.

also to the tax man above, don't you get a tax return?
do you not relise everybody including the so called bludgers pay GST, those with cars also pay fuel excise,
do you realise that these bludgers that smoke and drink also pay huge amounts of tax.
and here is anther way the goverment can make sh!t loads of money, fine motorists, fine criminals, raise registration fees and utilities bills, oh wait they already do that don't they.

I am not advocating the long term unemployed or the little tart around the corner with 6 kids with six different fathers, I see this as a problem too,
I am just trying to give a more realistic perspective on this one sided thread.

now you can flame me, but atleast open your mind and look at the whole picture.

Yes, but they pay those tases with MY money. So technically every time they pax tax on the fuel in their car that is using MY/OUR money, every time they pay the GST on their smokes they are paying that with money the government took from me and gave to them.

So it's not like they are injecting NEW money into the goverments pockets, they are just returning some of the money the goverment gave them in the first place.

Last edited:

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
Yes, but they pay those tases with MY money. So technically every time they pax tax on the fuel in their car that is using MY/OUR money, every time they pay the GST on their smokes they are paying that with money the government took from me and gave to them.

So it's not like they are injecting NEW money into the goverments pockets, they are just returning some of the money the goverment gave them in the first place.

but is'nt that a good thing?
because now they are using less of YOUR/OUR money to contribute to their next payment.
technicaly they pay gst and state government and federal government excise on fuel, tobacco and alcohol, I am happy to be corrected but doesn't the governmentS make more from fuel, tobacco and alcohol than the manufacturer does?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
jatsvl you're missing the point.

The money they get is from handouts funded by tax payers. So they're spending someone else's money! I have nfi what you're talking about regarding using less for their next payment.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
rufys I'm glad you have nfi what I am saying. you are so critical and negative I would hate to be able to relate to you.
and before minux comes on to back you up or vise versa, isn't all money earned in the defense force tax free, so technically there was a period in his life that he was not contributing money to the bludgers or anything else more than me.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
rufys I'm glad you have nfi what I am saying. you are so critical and negative I would hate to be able to relate to you.
and before minux comes on to back you up or vise versa, isn't all money earned in the defense force tax free, so technically there was a period in his life that he was not contributing money to the bludgers or anything else more than me.

Oh my god! You really don't have a clue!

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
Oh my god! You really don't have a clue!

exactly! by your negative ways of looking at everything I DON'T! and I am glad.
I live in a neutral understanding positive world, for the most part I don't judge and put people down and act like I am or know better than everybody else,
I believe I live in the real world and not some negative idealistic world where everything should be my way or not at all.
I think you really have no idea!
see how everbody is different, which is what makes this a good place.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
TIf I was the leader of this country, these would be some of the first changes I would make. (ahhh to dream)

1. Any one that is on unemployment or single mothers etc, etc, does not have the right to vote in any election. Why you may ask? Because they are not contributing to society. Once this is passed, see No.2

2. I would dump the current unemployment, single mothers and quite a few other schemes. Now that they can not vote there will be very little voter backlash. So a lot less chance of getting voted out.

3. Take the vast majority of civil libertarian laws that have been passed in the last 20 years and throw them out the door, with the vast majority of civil libertarians.

4. I would still have an unemployment scheme and a single mothers scheme, it is as follows.

Unemployment.
A person would only be eligible for "unemployment" payments if that person has held a job for a minimum of 2 years and has their tax up to date. If you have made no contribution to this country, this country will not make a contribution to you, pretty simple really.
There would be a maximum of 3 months of payments until you will be cut off.
To be eligible for payments again you would have to work for another 2 years consecutively before any more payments can be issued.

Single Mothers.
There is no payments for any more than 1 child. We all make silly mistakes in life, so I would give you 1 freebie so to speak. Anymore than that and you are on your own.
There would also be a set number of hours of work a week that you must do once the child is at school age.

i hope i never have to live in your perfect world
i don't think i could handle all the rioting and associated crime that would come with your perfect plan

and for the record i have never been on welfare

I have nfi.

yep we have known that for a while lol