Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
There are so many things that need doing in this State that a surplus should not be a priority yet. So, no, it's not what I wanted at all. I want the infrastructure fixed. I reckon we need the second airport. Our highways are pathetic. We don't have enough hospitals for the population we how have. You can't have those and a surplus too. Bugger the surplus. Go into "moderate" debt and start fixing the state. That's what he was elected to do.

I would actually agree with that. Kingsford Smith is at capacity with no room to grow (unless you build further out into Botany Bay). I would argue that the public transport situation in the outer suburbs of Sydney is terrible; yup Pac Hwy needs to be finished (and I would argue the Great Western Hwy between Lithgow and Mt Victoria is terrible, hasn't changed for 60 years); I would also argue the Mitchell Hwy between Bathurst and Orange is terrible. I like they have finished the Hunter Expressway, but am unsure if West Connex is needed (though the M4 East is needed).

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
There are so many things that need doing in this State that a surplus should not be a priority yet. So, no, it's not what I wanted at all. I want the infrastructure fixed. I reckon we need the second airport. Our highways are pathetic. We don't have enough hospitals for the population we how have. You can't have those and a surplus too. Bugger the surplus. Go into "moderate" debt and start fixing the state. That's what he was elected to do.

You should have known his is a conservative government and surpluses are a priority at the expense of everything else.
You voted him in so suck it up princess

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Interesting that three days later, no response from gopher,

I would rarely take the side of gopher however in this case I must...some of us have demanding jobs/businesses that require us to be working and not on JC. I know myself there are times I post in here and forget as I may not log in for 4 or 5 days. On top of that, not all of us wish to follow a thread on politics flat out. Like gopher I like to make passing comment when I have time, some days this may be more than others.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I would rarely take the side of gopher however in this case I must...some of us have demanding jobs/businesses that require us to be working and not on JC. I know myself there are times I post in here and forget as I may not log in for 4 or 5 days. On top of that, not all of us wish to follow a thread on politics flat out. Like gopher I like to make passing comment when I have time, some days this may be more than others.
This would be a first.what happened had a bit too much Christmas cheer?

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
bet I did too
and i'm represented by labor in all 3 levels of government:beer chug:

So you are one of those we can thank for the present mess this nation is in.

Thanks a lot......for nothing.

And enjoy your 3 levels of labor representation - won't do you much good as they are out of power in at least two of those levels. I can draw comfort knowing that you will have to endure Newman's governance for some time to come.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

I appreciate that fact, but gopher had been posting regularly, and as soon as Reaper asks a salient question, he takes a sabbatical for a couple of days. He seems to be able to find the time to respond frequently this week, however.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I appreciate that fact, but gopher had been posting regularly, and as soon as Reaper asks a salient question, he takes a sabbatical for a couple of days. He seems to be able to find the time to respond frequently this week, however.

#### me dead!!!! Let it go. It was less than 48 hours before I responded.he posted the question on new years eve.last thing I wanted to do on new years eve was to sit around home talking to you.new years day was out of the question too so I responded at around 8am on the 2nd.
If this is too long for you to get a reply then it is bad luck for you

Oh and next week the responses won't be regular as I am back at work..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Thousands to rally at Cottesloe against shark cull

Seriously..what the #### is Barnett doing? This is a joke of the highest order...we enter an animals hunting ground and when people die...we want to kill off a species? 7 deaths in 3 1/2 years has spurred this...7. The state coalition governments across the country are becoming fast disappointing with their ALP style policy and do nothing approach with totalitarian laws constantly being brought into play. It seems the only thing any side of politics is good at doing is blowing our hard earned tax dollars on utter **** like this.