Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
^^^ your complete and utter miss understanding of the politicial process is pretty much summed up there.

it's misunderstanding BTW
and how is mine summed up there?

Wong. She was dis endorsed before ever becoming elected. She was always elected as in independent although from memory the ballot papers were already printed or something similar saying she was a liberal. It was actually democrat preferences that got her over the line.

she was still on the ballot paper as a lib
would that have not confused some voters?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I was actually a very staunch far right winger. Until Pauline Hanson came along. When you see such views actually make it into parliament, they truly seem bizarre.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
it's misunderstanding BTW
and how is mine summed up there?
she was still on the ballot paper as a lib
would that have not confused some voters?[/QUOTE]

She was dis-endorsed and very publicly so at the time. Really the Electoral Commission (the body responsible for such things, not the LNP!) should have reprinted the ballot papers.

I was actually a very staunch far right winger. Until Pauline Hanson came along. When you see such views actually make it into parliament, they truly seem bizarre.

Far left/right - happens on both sides. Some of the crap that comes from the Greens is just astounding too. Are you saying they should be prevented from running?? Or just let them sprout their views and let the public see them for what they are. I wonder how long Clive Palmer will last. Ever noticed that most of the far right seem to originate from QLD and the looney left Tasmania??? :hmmm:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am happy for anyone to have a go, provided their policies do not violate the principles of human rights, eg. the UN Declaration of Human Rights. So no overt racism, dictatorships, genocide etc. This means no Nazi Party or Communist Party, for example. However if there are parties candidates I really don't like I also reserve the right to judge them negatively, and communicate that view as appropriate. As does everyone else.......

Clive palmer......hah yeh.....a 10 year old trapped in the body of a morbidly obese baby boomer.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
#### me dead!!!! Let it go. It was less than 48 hours before I responded.he posted the question on new years eve.last thing I wanted to do on new years eve was to sit around home talking to you.new years day was out of the question too so I responded at around 8am on the 2nd.
If this is too long for you to get a reply then it is bad luck for you

Oh and next week the responses won't be regular as I am back at work..

Calm down. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

It only seems to happen in Queensland, though. (Think Clive Palmer) Other state's voters are rather more cautious.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok this illustrates the difference between our current government and the media attention whores we had for the last 6 years....

Australia navy drives boat people into Indonesian waters | The Jakarta Post

Now i'm not sure if the above is on the JC "approved media source" list but that's beside the point. If this happened a few months ago, both Rudd and Gillard would be on the news with a full blown presser telling all and sundry how good they are. Now there is barely a murmor in Australia, certainly nothing from govco - I haven't even heard anything from the Australian media about it. Thank god it looks like we have a government that looks to be just getting on with the job without undue fanfare or getting their faces on the tv every 5 min.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Now there is barely a murmor in Australia, certainly nothing from govco - I haven't even heard anything from the Australian media about it. Thank god it looks like we have a government that looks to be just getting on with the job without undue fanfare or getting their faces on the tv every 5 min.

of course there hasn't been a murmur minister Morrison is the king of secrecy and he's certainly not going to publicise the fact that he is failing and the boats are still coming

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
another day in the life of qld
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

I can see newman and bleijie peeking through windows trying to catch the bad guys out

now it gets ridiculous
where else but under a LNP led qld dictatorship can you get jailed for having a beer with your mates or even delivering a pizza?

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail