Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big hp slow ets

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Mixing radials and cross plys.................have fun when you get off the gas!

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
id rather not pull any more weight its light enough as it is without strippin it down to a non street car style , I was just lookin for ways without modyfing anything else keeping streetable and without spending any more to it im not looking for a flat 11 second just under 11.40, also just found out the front runners I have are Michelin 135 15 RADIAL tyre compared to the full hoosier slick is it still legal to race with them even though they are front runners upfront, or do they have to be full slicks on front as well?

If you're not wanting to spend any more money on the car and are not willing to remove more weight, there really is nothing you can do to make the car quicker.
The only thing I can think of would be to get a very light weight person to race it for you.

What has been removed from the car to reduce weight when you race, how much fuel do you put in the car? do you ice the air box before the pass?

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
nothing really just empty the boot spare tyre usually I run it with just under half a tank of fuel, my weight is 85kgs the car weighs around 3650 pounds I don't ice the air box I just open the bonnet to allow air in, pretty much it, don't get me wrong im pretty happy with my times I was just pushing my limits to a 11.39 from a 11.40, I just try the slicks instead.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If you just want an 11.39 pull the front sway bar off and run a quarter of a tank of juice.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If you just want an 11.39 pull the front sway bar off and run a quarter of a tank of juice.

Also remove the rear seats (if allowed), the passenger headrest, you cd player head deck, your carpet mats (if you have any) & anything else that can be taken out of the car before the run.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
lol talk about pulling the piss but that's just a little to far, I don't need to remove any of that I just stick with what I got .......

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Mixing radials and cross plys.................have fun when you get off the gas!

mixing them isnt as bad as people make out my mate goes 9's @ 150mph with 10psi or less in the rears and radials on the front
ide be looking at getting the tune richened up and some more timing so it makes more torque off the mark

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
lol talk about pulling the piss but that's just a little to far, I don't need to remove any of that I just stick with what I got .......

It's really not when it comes to drag racing.
You're not really serious I can tell, I just don't know why you said you wanted your car to run under a 11.40 pass and when I have given you an easy/free suggestion on how to get it to do that, you reject it and make it sound difficult?

If that's the case stick with what you have got and be happy with it.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
What happened to your car last Wednesday what broke????

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
mixing them isnt as bad as people make out my mate goes 9's @ 150mph with 10psi or less in the rears and radials on the front
ide be looking at getting the tune richened up and some more timing so it makes more torque off the mark
Meh must be different over your way, most tracks here won't let you even run them mixed.
No idea why you even would?