Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big hp slow ets

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
What happened to your car last Wednesday what broke????

snapped the drivers side axle, thought it was the box but all is good just waiting on replacement should be there next week and fast Friday coming up.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
lol, yup and the sub boxes and 8 slabs of beers in the boot, and ditch the two fat chicks squashed in the back...

Actually keep them, that will work better than sand bags keeping the rear wheels planted to the tarmac

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
axle is fixed,what I cant understand is they were new strengthened axels than stock ones and somehow snapped all the insides of the axle not the actually bar itself.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Unfortunately that's what happens in manuals the drive shaft goes from no load to full load in a split second and that stuffs em unlike autos that have the load on the drive line at all times. lucky it was no the box the 65s (behind 6 litres)will take a bit more than the 60s (behind 5.7s) but they really should get built up.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
Unfortunately that's what happens in manuals the drive shaft goes from no load to full load in a split second and that stuffs em unlike autos that have the load on the drive line at all times. lucky it was no the box the 65s (behind 6 litres)will take a bit more than the 60s (behind 5.7s) but they really should get built up.

I was lucky enough to have M32 rebuilt and shift kitted when I bought it, so its held out so far just so long is the next question