Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big hp slow ets

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
the last pass after it was dropped to 18psi plus I didn't do much of a burnout at the start just a quick one 123 so im pretty sure it could cause of lack of warming up tyre, but didn't think it would affect from the previous burnout warmups tyres would be still sticky and warm unless that side of the track had an oil down or something.rest of the runs tyres gripped fine.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
There is an inexpensive and easy solution from a bloke in the US - who I've got some other magical tuning stuff for my VE - he has built a 1 3/4" CM bar that has quick release pins which attach it to the lower control arm to reduce squat and keep the tire from walking forward. It bolts to the front cradle bolt point. If you have stiff springs and adjustable coil-overs it isn't as big of a deal. Stock setup sqats bad on the launch which is just weight transfer that is being absorbed by the suspension instead of the tyre.

4285A1EF-68D9-4BA5-B34C-51BF466E687B.jpg

RCR G8 traction bars. Quick release pins that go thru drilled holes in stock lower control arms and mount to the lower forward frame Bolt. The idea is to control squat so the tire gets planted over the spring absorbing the weight transfer. It also helps keep the wheel from walking forward.

Update to the previous World Record run VE / G8 / VF - using the above no squat bars is now 9.97 @ 138 MPH.

[video=youtube_share;WxuanqMuB8Q]http://youtu.be/WxuanqMuB8Q?list=UUs3fu07xUDStbPdSX3gVWEA[/video]

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
ran a new pb of 11.40 @ 118mph could I crack an 11.3? with my figures 1.53 60' on average

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
So not full weight.

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Mine weighs 1730kg full weight inc driver.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
after getting consistent 11.4s up around the 118mph what rwhp would I likely have after all the readouts in last pages

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
500hp at the engine i would say which is pretty good for your mods

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
ok so whats that in rwhp isn't there a formula were you can divide fwhp to rwhp estimate