Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Got my windows tinted today. Wow, what a difference. Looks amazing with all the other black highlights on the car, and the car is no longer like a sauna after 5 minutes in the sun.
Got it done by Rob Tait from Car Tint in Ringwood - http://www.cartint.net.au/
For anyone in Melbourne, I cannot recommend him highly enough. He's been in the trade for about 40 years and knows his stuff. His workmanship and attention to detail is second to none. He even lets you sit there and watch him work.
The film is Madico Charcool 35%.

Some pics:

Before
View attachment 190696

After
View attachment 190697

View attachment 190698
Did you considetba blackbroof, or possibly getting a wrap done.....i think it would look amaeing.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Did you considetba blackbroof, or possibly getting a wrap done.....i think it would look amaeing.

Agree that it would look amazing, but I decided against a black roof for a couple of reasons, mainly due to the extra heat that it would draw, and I also wasn't impressed with the way the plastic rails on the roof were being painted over. Wrap sounds like a good idea, but honestly I'm more than happy to leave it the way it is.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'd consider painting the brembo calipers colour coded to the car. I know this is purely cosmetic but the red caliper with your beautiful burnt orange car is not the best match. Orange calipers behind those black rims would be awesome.

Agree that it would look amazing, but I decided against a black roof for a couple of reasons, mainly due to the extra heat that it would draw, and I also wasn't impressed with the way the plastic rails on the roof were being painted over. Wrap sounds like a good idea, but honestly I'm more than happy to leave it the way it is.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I'd consider painting the brembo calipers colour coded to the car. I know this is purely cosmetic but the red caliper with your beautiful burnt orange car is not the best match. Orange calipers behind those black rims would be awesome.
Each to their own but I love the red Brembos. It sets them apart from the rest of the car. :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm not sure how far the next statement goes ... but I'd like it both ways.
I'd want to somehow get the Brembo decals & reapply them, if I painted them in the body colour.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Brembo doesn't use decals. The "Brembo" name and logo is screen printed (painted) onto the caliper. Most OE applications put a clear coat over the top.
You can buy good quality Brembo decals off Ebay if you choose to repaint your calipers. I have used some on my current Subaru Brembo's that I had repainted some years back and haven't peeled off.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Nah, the plastic is gone now, took it off yesterday.

A week in and everything is going very well. Still can't wipe the smile off my face. 328km on the clock now.
My only gripe so far is that the driver's seat is significantly firmer than my old VE Calais, so it's something I need to get used to. Other than that there are no complaints whatsoever. The car is as tight as a drum and the build quality is perfect.
Awesome looking beast! I would say the VF2 seat is softer than the VF1 which I have in my Calais. And I think you're right about the VE being softer.
Hopefully I see you around driving the SS.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Deleted

Last edited:

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Checking on the progress, build date etc of our Redline

Attachments