Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

fixxxer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Damn that spitfire green does look great, still tossing up on the colour to get.

Narrowed it down to Slipstream Blue, Spitfire Green or the Phantom Black

KiwiSSVR-LMF

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Redline Sportwagon
LMF17 that sucks! i went bank cheque as a wire transfer of that much cash doesn't float my boat.

well until tomorrow morning, i thought after having mine for two weeks i should probably put up a pic, and hopefully it'll make you get even more excited for tomorrow! plus i needed a new desktop wallpaper so.. :p

Oh more pics of your wagon if you got em please Troyziee. Stunning. I see you blacked out the big chrome trim on the back, is that a wrap or paint?? Question 2 can you post some pics showing the black roof? I wanna show the mrs and get pre-approval to paint the roof!

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
My new baby is home, had to dodge storms in the area today, but got it home, will follow up with some decent photos when the weather is more agreeable, here it is under the carport before I put it into the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 344

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
My new baby is home, had to dodge storms in the area today, but got it home, will follow up with some decent photos when the weather is more agreeable, here it is under the carport before I put it into the garage.

Congratulations LMF, you must be stoked that its finally home after the long wait.
Enjoy!

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....

Awesome! LMF is such a changing colour depending on the light.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
I'm sitting at about 650 kms so far, unfortunately they are just about all mundane to and from work or running errands, haven't gone for a nice squirt somewhere, which is probably a good thing cause I'm waiting till 1000k to give it the beans.
Impressions.... love it! Every time I push that button to start it I smile!

The bending reserve lines are taking some getting used to, my VE wagon I knew how things appeared in the camera so could reverse anywhere, but i think this is a wider lens and the curving lines, I've been missing my targets a couple times, but that's just cause im soo used to the other camera. Also when it comes to parking, the front sensors aren't much help I find, there's a lot of occasions I pull right up to a wall in front to then reverse into a spot, the front sensors won't tell me how close I am, unless I hit the parking sensor button on the console... besides that, the mylink has been great! I'm moving up from Holden IQ, so to me it's a 4000% improvement!
Drives like a dream. I got in my old wagon (now the misses car) which has front brembos only, and the pedal felt soft as anything! I couldn't believe the difference, then drove my dads Subaru Outback (?), either way, some would say comparable being wagons of the same size, you really can tell a Japanese car, even with leather and everything it still just is not as nice, starting to really get why the vfii is compared to German cars that cost x3 the price!
Anyway! Can't wait for the day I find a nice mountain run, flick it over to sport/manual and just tap away on those paddles listening to the symphony :D
Congrats LMF.
Well deserved after your wait. Enjoy.
:)

H

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hi All, First time poster longtime looker. KiwiSSVR I have also wanted to ask the question of the strip on the back of the wagon. I saw a redline at the dealers over the weekend with a chrome strip. The only piece of chrome except for the badges, everything else black. I thought you would not be ordering one like that so maybe thought it was from factory like that. I have had the dealer chasing this up but had no luck. Not something you can order apparently. I've seen Troyziee photos which look great 'well done' and hope has returned.
I ordered a boring Heron but I have had coloured cars before and white seems best. Really like the spitfire, wouldn't loose it in the carpark.
I also ordered 20's on the wagon. There has been discussion whether it will turn up with them or not. Will see. Previously the dealer had only added the 20's after turning up onsite but due to the great info on here they rang and found they can have them fitted from the factory.

Congrats to all that have picked up their vehicles, smiles to all those still waiting.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Oh more pics of your wagon if you got em please Troyziee. Stunning. I see you blacked out the big chrome trim on the back, is that a wrap or paint?? Question 2 can you post some pics showing the black roof? I wanna show the mrs and get pre-approval to paint the roof!

Hey mate, don't really have any other pics yet, and now she's abit dirty, so next time I wash it I'll head out somewhere with my camera.
The back strip on my other wagon is just wrapped and still going after 6 years, but this one I just got from factory. And roof isn't black (yet) I have the vinyl sitting here, just too scared to rip the trim off to take the antenna out

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Congrats LMF 17. Looks quite nice. Will you be putting any treatment on the duco ? Manual or auto mate ?

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Congrats LMF 17. Looks quite nice. Will you be putting any treatment on the duco ? Manual or auto mate ?
Hi Redbadge it's a great colour to look at and I'm very pleased with my choice. It's an auto, have had manuals in the past but just wanted something relaxing. Even if I had wanted a manual I would have had to of hunted one down as my dealer had sold all his allocated manuals by late January. Still working on treatment for the duco, limited options where I live so may have to go to Melbourne. Does look pretty damn good though with just a detail.