Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Socket set on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
After house reno want to get that stubby Milwaulkee rattle gun & 3/8 ratchet....baller!!!

Get it whilst doing the house renos.....There are always excuses to justify buying it during the renos for use on the reno :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Spent the little that was leftover of the reno budget on car parts :D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Spent the little that was leftover of the reno budget on car parts :D

I think you need to get your priorities sorted a little better :D...Tools to make a job easier come first :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
When certain hard to get parts that I've wanted for ages pop up got to grab them quick.

Gone without rattle gun/ratchet for so long since leaving the trade kind of used to doing it all by hand anyway.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
When certain hard to get parts that I've wanted for ages pop up got to grab them quick.

Gone without rattle gun/ratchet for so long since leaving the trade kind of used to doing it all by hand anyway.

All good....Having a little joke to help liven things up a bit. I completely understand where you are coming from and why you do what you do

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Sometimes working on an ls will wish I'd bought cool 3/8 milwaulkee ratchet to do job quicker.

Only tool I'd go crazy over would be car hoist...

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Sometimes working on an ls will wish I'd bought cool 3/8 milwaulkee ratchet to do job quicker.

Only tool I'd go crazy over would be car hoist...
Would love one of those ratchets but can’t justify the cash for how much I’d need it lol

1/2” AEG impact gun was one of my more recent purchases (was actually payment for a job), and it’s one of the best tools I’ve had. Makes life so easy and don’t need to mess around with a compressor anymore for most jobs. Just need to be careful because the feel is VERY different between battery and air operated guns. Very easy to overtighten if you’re not careful. Can limit torque to 200nm though which is nice.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I did without power tools for decades but now that I have em I honestly don't know what I would do without em. They save the wrists and that's a biggy as we get older. I did a set of rockers on a engine in no time. rattle em up with one acadaca and finish with a torque wrench. Brilliant.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Would love one of those ratchets but can’t justify the cash for how much I’d need it lol

1/2” AEG impact gun was one of my more recent purchases (was actually payment for a job), and it’s one of the best tools I’ve had. Makes life so easy and don’t need to mess around with a compressor anymore for most jobs. Just need to be careful because the feel is VERY different between battery and air operated guns. Very easy to overtighten if you’re not careful. Can limit torque to 200nm though which is nice.
Have you tested the torque after using doing a bolt up to 200Nm to see how accurate it is?
Most important bolts that require torque settings I use a torque wrench, when I did my back wheel bearings the book said 300Nm on the nut, I thought bloody hell my half inch torque wrench doesn't go that high so I used my air gun and done it up, then I read if you over do it you can burn out the bearing and it will collapse so I thought crap don't want that to happing its a pain in the butt to do the job the first time, so I went and brought a 3/4 torque wrench and I'm glade I did as they were way over torqued, I almost done a poo poo valve torqueing them up to 300Nm as I was laying under the car.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I did without power tools for decades but now that I have em I honestly don't know what I would do without em. They save the wrists and that's a biggy as we get older. I did a set of rockers on a engine in no time. rattle em up with one acadaca and finish with a torque wrench. Brilliant.
Same here....
Just makes things easier when arthritis kicks in, in your hands and wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.