Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Socket set on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Would love one of those ratchets but can’t justify the cash for how much I’d need it lol

1/2” AEG impact gun was one of my more recent purchases (was actually payment for a job), and it’s one of the best tools I’ve had. Makes life so easy and don’t need to mess around with a compressor anymore for most jobs. Just need to be careful because the feel is VERY different between battery and air operated guns. Very easy to overtighten if you’re not careful. Can limit torque to 200nm though which is nice.

I have an 18v DeWalt impact wrench that's torquier than the 2, 1/2"dr. pneumatic wrenches I've collected over the years.
Its on a par with my 3/4"dr. pneumatic wrench.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have an 18v DeWalt impact wrench that's torquier than the 2, 1/2"dr. pneumatic wrenches I've collected over the years.
Its on a par with my 3/4"dr. pneumatic wrench.
MY CP gun works really well, whipped off the crank bolt no problem. I reckon it would get well over 200mn in torquing up but probably requires 150psi to achieve it and I can only get my compressor up to 125psi, anymore and the valve blows off . A battery gun would be stronger though, they just seem to be.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY CP gun works really well, whipped off the crank bolt no problem. I reckon it would get well over 200mn in torquing up but probably requires 150psi to achieve it and I can only get my compressor up to 125psi, anymore and the valve blows off . A battery gun would be stronger though, they just seem to be.
Cant find any max. torque specs for my pneumatic wrenches, but the DeWalt lists max. torque as 950nm, or max. 'breakaway torque' as 1350nm.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Battery gun stronger than air pmsl, my 1/2inch Trax twin hammer has around 1200Nm, Battery go flat so they never give the maximum torque needed, the 1/2 Milwaukee top of the range working load is 950Nm on a full battery, bugger that going to take a lot of time waiting to charge all the time to get the maximum performance out of one even with 2 battery's, you probably do with 4 batteries if you have a workshop , maybe ok if your hobby person but useless if you need to use one 8hr a day. They have a purpose yes but c'mon air is king. DeWalt is 447Nm, the little 12v Milwaukee only 339Nm, the middle class 1/2 Milwaukee is only 610Nm, depending your use and where you are a battery rattle gun be good in say a car but when it comes to the workshop air rules plus the price is far cheaper no cost in battery replacement or repairs on the cordless stuff on your business, you want to make money not spend it. I rather spend 300 on a air rattle gun than to pay 800 for the top of the range Milwaukee that will need new batteries and matiness like worn gears or bad finger triggers every year.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
DeWalt 18V BRUSHLESS XR Li-Ion High Torque Wrench featuring XR 5.0Ah Li-Ion battery
3 Speed and torque settings gives you the control to best suit your application
Powerful fan cooled motor delivers up to 950Nm of torque and 2400 impacts per minute for heavy duty fastening applications
Up to 1625Nm of "breakaway" torque ensures removal of the tightest bolts
Bright white LED with delay feature for improved visibility and flashlight functionality
RRP $729

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
CP are one of the top manufacturer of air tools in the world and no way will my 1/2" tighten to 900nm. I'd say if I had a compressor that could get 180psi I might be able to squeeze 400nm at a push.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
DeWalt 18V BRUSHLESS XR Li-Ion High Torque Wrench featuring XR 5.0Ah Li-Ion battery
3 Speed and torque settings gives you the control to best suit your application
Powerful fan cooled motor delivers up to 950Nm of torque and 2400 impacts per minute for heavy duty fastening applications
Up to 1625Nm of "breakaway" torque ensures removal of the tightest bolts
Bright white LED with delay feature for improved visibility and flashlight functionality
RRP $729

Didn't realise the RRP was so expensive, bought mine as a 'skin' only for $249.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Lol I bought a battery stapler the other day coz my shoulder is fubar. Probably slower than the old slapper type but after a full day my arm doesn't quite feel like it's about to fall off so moneys well spent methinks :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I replaced the batteries in the wife's device the other day and this has helped a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.