Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Me Mate is falling for A Nissan Skyline R32 4wd

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
An R32 GTR is better performance wise than any SS commy period!

Of coarse it is, why would one put Calais/Statesman parts on a car if one wanted performance? :p

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
your gonna have a hard time swaying him after all of those advantages you have written about the skylines.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
ive heard of a vl godzilla before that had all the running gear, even 4wd... someone spent some money

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
How to sway him away? Don't even try...if I could afford one I'd have an R32 AWD in a flash...of course a roomier R34 would be better...but unless the Lotto man comes a knockin, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon...:cry:

Commodores are great, but I think people are living under a rock if they honestly think that no other car in the world can match it or better it...as someone said above, they're a family car, and we should respect Holden for bothering to make a "family car" which is so much fun to drive even in some of the standard forms...in plenty of countries, "family car" means "boring and slow car", and if you want even slightly spirited performance, you have to spend up big on a much higher spec version or completely different dedicated sports car.
I have spoken to people from places like the US and England, and they are very surprised by the performance and handling levels of even a basic V6 auto Commodore. Look at the new VE...the general consensus seems to be that even the base models are pretty much dynamically the equal or better of some large European cars costing two or three times as much.

But yeah, if the guy can afford an AWD Skyline, let him enjoy the ride...lucky sod...

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
hehe VL Godzilla... dear god!... Now that'd be one vl that would be nice to see.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
tell him to test drive eight potter
instant grunt no waiting for a hairdryer to spool up

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
mmmmm skyline! i wouldnt mind getting me one of them:D..... goodluck converting him when he cant get more performance for his $$$....:D

andy vx ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2 man vx ss
u cant beat the sound of an 8 with no rice burnin fart car

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Hmmm.....seems to me he isnt a holden man at heart. See, us holden drivers dont actually care which is faster, we drive holdens because thats what we love, plain and simple. Commodores are not made to be performance cars, they are all rounders, designed to be sporty, plenty of leg room, and with heaps of options for either more perfomance, more comfort, or more room.

If his heart is telling him to buy another skyline, there is no swaying to be had, he has already made up his mind.

SIDE NOTE:-
For those of you saying how wonderful Skylines are etc, most people that are car fans will not argue that they have there place, it's just not on our beloved Just Commodores forum ;)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
u cant beat the sound of an 8 with no rice burnin fart car

are you serious?

I'm all for V8s before any imports, but that comment just shows how stupid you are.

your car would never beat a GTR, ever! well, maybe if he went down the strip in reverse, you may just beat him, but only if!