Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

you shouldn't be on the road if......

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
you shouldn't be on the road if theres a double trailer semi truck in front of you doing 95km/h and you decide to overtake it at 100km/h, and use up the almost all of the straight right before the windey bit of road so the poor bastard (me) behind you can't overtake.

So people should speed and risk a fine just to appease you?

You shouldn't be on the road if you have no tail lights/brake lights. This is my pet hate at the moment!

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Yes they should speed to appease us.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
You shouldn't be on the road if you have no tail lights/brake lights. This is my pet hate at the moment!

Damn right. I almost ran up the ass of one guy on the Ring road because his brake lights were out. I was hoping for someone to run up his ass so he could hopefully get the blame and learn a lesson, but I got one better. He ended up running up the ass of a van not even a minute later. Needless to say it made me smile.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
You shouldn't be on the road if it takes you 15 attempts to reverse parallel park in a good sized parking space. Or if you can't perform other simple manouvres at low speeds.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Mate all modern trucks have speed limiters...... Granted that they can be disabled however those guys are on timelines from one point to another and if they get there too quick, every one knows they broke the speed limit. Speeding trucks are EXTREMELY rare these days.

Yeah i love getting a truck that overtakes me on the Highway, as soon as he overtakes i say to my self "another wood-duck". There the ones that do like 110 - 120 k's, most of the time they know where the radars are and stuff like that. Makes the trip less stressful. Not tht i like to speed but sometimes in these new cars you look down at the speedo and holy s*** you doin 120 (yes i have c/control but) then yo see a cop pass waiting for the lights to come.

But now i just sit bhind these truckies and take it steady and hope that hes listening to his 2-way.

Cheers,
Brownie82

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
I constantly witness maniac truck drivers driving sometimes half a cars length from the vehicle in front.

slow drivers put us in the position of being that close too them. we have to so we can grab the first opportunity to get past them. if we sit to far back we won't be able to pull off the maneouvre of overtaking. and to POSSIBLY explain your experience the driver may have been expecting you to speed away when he got to you like a LOT of people do, i constantly go to overtake and people speed away, then catch up and they speed away again.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
You shouldnt be on the road if ur not confident enuff to merge onto a h-way.

Ill givve this senerieo:

Im goin down the M1, in left lane, with a couple cars overtaking me.
Ahead is a entry to the hway, i see a car comin onto the hway and isnt that far ahead soo i slow down to let them infront, but they just slow down instead of speeding up to the limit, soo they slow down til there basically next to me, im contemplating if i should slow more or plant it as i cant merge due to traffic next to me.

Anyways most of the time i have to plant it as they just think they will make it infront of me, even tho im slowin down there not getttin any faster.

Its ****'s me to tears, y cant they just floor it and enter the hway at the posted limit, not the 80km then try to merge their way in.

PPL who freak out when merging on hway shouldnt be allowed on there.full stop

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
So people should speed and risk a fine just to appease you?

you shouldn't be on the road if you can't judge speed and distance, i have no trouble with dealing with people who have no brake lights even at night...keep you 2 sec gap and pay attention and you should be fine, it's always worked for me when im behind em.

people that can't judge speed and distance is a big one for me, so many times i've had to sit at an intersection for a good part of my life cuz the wanker infront doesn't know if he'll have enough time to get across..gggrrrrrrrrrrr fell like jumping outta the car and attacking with a baseball bat

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you think it's a race track (especially when it's raining).

If you insist on turning right from the left lane of a roundabout.

If you do 120kmh when theres an overtaking lane but slow down to 95kmh when it ends.

If you're a nice looking girl and you have a car load of fat chicks so that when I look at her, people around me think I'm looking at the fat chicks.