Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying Drivers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Can anyone explain why people have the need to drive 90 in a 100 zone, 100 in a 90 zone etc etc. Its so annoying when you have cruise set on 100, then you come across a car doing 90 in the right hand lane on the freeway. Then hit the roadworks, slow down to 80, only to have the car go flying past at what must be close to 100.

Same happens in 60 and 50 zones. Its so damned annoying.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Actually people that cruise at 85/90 on the highway then speed up to 110 when they hit passing lanes then slow down again at the end of the passing lanes all in the name of keeping everyone else behind them are pretty damn annoying.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Haha, i have this problem alot, especially when i'm in the truck.
You set off at the lights and they race pass you before the lane merges and as soon as you hit the 100 zone you come up behind them doing 80.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Can anyone explain why people have the need to drive 90 in a 100 zone, 100 in a 90 zone etc etc. Its so annoying when you have cruise set on 100, then you come across a car doing 90 in the right hand lane on the freeway. Then hit the roadworks, slow down to 80, only to have the car go flying past at what must be close to 100.

Yeah I can relate to that. Normally I'm pretty laid back when it comes to right hand lane hogs. Preferring instead to just shake my head in amazement and then moving on. But lately it has really been annoying me. I've been far more aggressive with these drivers lately though, opting instead to fly right up behind them and give them a dose of the high beams. Sometimes works but usually the car in front isn't even aware I'm behind them! :rolleyes:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid

with the first bit, i cant see an issue with someone going slower than the speed limit, good on them for taking precautions for safer driving. SO long as there in the left lane, there is no issue with it.

As for the rest of it, people speed all the time, take down there number plates and post it on one of those rate it sites, winging about here isnt gonna solve anything.

aZk.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
merging

I fell your pain, I have been driving for little over a year now and i cant believe how some people still cant merge!! I drive on the motorways and busy freeways everday and some people seem to stop dead in the merging lane in busy yet steadily moving traffic. Its not a GIVE WAY! Pick your gap and adjust your speed its not that hard.
And today i was merging into a single lane, sat right behind the car in the next lane, getting towards the end of the merging lane, when the stupid woman behind decides she is not going to let me in and nudges up right next to me!! Theres no merge lane left where the hell am i supposed to go besides stopping in the lane and causing a traffic jam. She then had the nerve to beep her horn at me when i had to cut her off. SOME PEOPLE!!

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
with the first bit, i cant see an issue with someone going slower than the speed limit, good on them for taking precautions for safer driving. SO long as there in the left lane, there is no issue with it.

As for the rest of it, people speed all the time, take down there number plates and post it on one of those rate it sites, winging about here isnt gonna solve anything.

aZk.
I think you missed the point of the post.

He was saying the same people who sit 10 under the speed limit, are the same ones who speed past you over the limit later on.

ie inconsistently varying their speed.

I agree with you Minux, nothing infuriates me more than these people on our roads, or people who cannot park without taking 5 attempts.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
yep sum ppl r just dicheads... theres no two ways about it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

aZk.

You missed what i am saying, why is it they adjust their speed to be well under on a 3 lane highway in the right hand lane, only to speed UP when the speed limit drops down?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
maybe they were sitting on 95 the whole time lol. when its 100, theyre slow, when its 90, theyre speeding.