Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teens get takeaway at fatal crash site

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
that also means under NO circumstance are you to stop giving CPR until an ambulance gets there, if your doing it for like 30mins and stop from exhaustion, you can be charged with murder, neglect etc. so why bother in first place, i have seen some messed up outcomes from these types of scenarios. I did first aid training for work, when your not at work and your walking around in public does not mean you must provide assistance, I have that knowledge for if a family, relative or friend is in need. So if you think im cold for not assisting, you better become my friend :) lol

no this is not true i have just completed a first aid course if u are completly exhausted from giving first aid u are able to stop u will never be charged with murder or neglect if anything u will be thanked for offering assistance and doing your best

FusionX

Reaction score
I find it rather disturbing to read so many people here say they wouldn't help someone involved in an accident. More than disturbing... downright disgusting.

Every accident/situation is different and needs to be assessed at the time. If someones stuck in a car complaining of back/neck pains would you try and get them out risking more serious damage?

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
For example, suppose something is laying over the body of someone, did you know if you remove it, it could release pressure off an internal wound and cause internal bleeding causing the person to die within minutes? .

Really, how many lame unlikely scenarios do you want to dream up as excuses for doing nothing?
One thing for sure, if they are losing blood at a fast rate and you do nothing, they will die. If the ambulanceman is 2 steps behind you then its a fair call, but heh, its a big country and seconds count when it comes to saving a life.

but you can sleep easy knowing you did the right thing.:thumbsup:

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Really, how many lame unlikely scenarios do you want to dream up as excuses for doing nothing?
One thing for sure, if they are losing blood at a fast rate and you do nothing, they will die. If the ambulanceman is 2 steps behind you then its a fair call, but heh, its a big country and seconds count when it comes to saving a life.

but you can sleep easy knowing you did the right thing.:thumbsup:
Lame unlikely scenario? How about a steering wheel jammed up into the stomach of someone after a big prang... Getting them out would be as simple as reclining the seat, but are you equipped to assess the internal damage, such as swelling or immediate bruising?

It's not an unlikely scenario, it actually happens very often, ask anyone who works in the industry. My mate is an ambulance driver, and he has alot of stories to tell about how many complications have arisen from what would be simple situations to handle because a good samaritan screwed it all up.

I don't live in the country, I live in suburban sydney, so I know at most an ambulance is 10 minutes away. You act accordingly to your location. But the complications that could arise from your actions, irrespective how insignificant they may be could seriously screw up the persons chance of survival.

The shock of an impact at 80kmh is enough to rip your aorta clean off your heart, and you don't think internal bleeding is an issue when dealing with a crash?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
maybe if they werent driving such an old unsafe car it might be a different story.

also if there is no clear danger to the person i would leave them alone, especially a motorbike rider, i would never let anyone take of my or my mates helmet after a crash, until someone that knows what they are doin has checked me or my mates out.

i know a friend of a friend that died after getting hit by a truck on his bike, got up and was walking around, took off his helmet then dropped dead..

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Lame unlikely scenario? How about a steering wheel jammed up into the stomach of someone after a big prang... Getting them out would be as simple as reclining the seat, but are you equipped to assess the internal damage, such as swelling or immediate bruising?

It's not an unlikely scenario, it actually happens very often, ask anyone who works in the industry. ?

Who said anything about moving them???? All we are talking about is taking immediate action to stop them dying from something as obvious as large external bleeding, not breathing etc. Of course dimwits can wait ten minutes for an ambulance to arrive(sorry that cant be guaranteed even next to an ambo station) and pronounce them dead if they wish, as has been mentioned there is no law against the inept/weak doing nothing.
Please provide us with just one occurence where people have applied pressure to a spurting major artery that has resulted in causing a lethal internal injury and that they would have survived if some dimwit did nothing! I wont hold my breath! Maybe its happened once, what about the 99 people that could have been saved if someone had done something!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
We did the CPR/First Aid course at work a few months ago. It's not a legal obligation for you to do anything to anyone, its a duty of care. Personally if i was put in the scenario the most i'd do is ring the ambo's and apply bandages or something - no CPR for me, the only place CPR would have a chance is if i knew the person.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I believe that noone except trained medical personell are legally obligated to give first aid to anyone at an accident scene, however if you do start then you have to keep going until someone takes over or it becomes unsafe etc as minux pointed out earlier.

Morally though, I would think most people would give whatever assistance they possibly could

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
These days chances are most people that are around would know first aid as well. Unless you're out in the middle of nowhere.

I don't blame the teenagers to start with for standing around and doing nothing. By the sounds of it there were already a fair few people attending to the elderly lady.

But to get Maccas dropped off, just plain inconsiderate. They've just killed an old ladies husband and that's all they can think of. Ridiculous. Break their legs and throw them in front of a truck.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Erm, it doesn't matter what happened, this cockhead was driving unlicensed, unregistered and had not long had his car impounded.

and he was pulled over twice the day before as well