Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teens get takeaway at fatal crash site

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
This is only a partial story. They may have called the ambo's or cops and were waiting for them to arrive. Or they may have heard that someone else called the ambo's.

I understand that helping is seen as the right thing to do, but it can also do more harm than good. I've heard of motorcyclists who have become quadraplegics, simply because someone attempted to remove their helmet without knowing the correct procedure. In a lot of cases the people would be better off if the amateurs sat back and waited for the professionals to do what they do.

I think everyone's getting upset that they can just sit there and eat Maccas after a car crash. After my big crash, I got home and went out to order a Pounder. Different people cope with stress in different ways. These kids were obviously in shock and that was their way of dealing with it.

Who's at fault in this crash is irrelevant to the details being offered in the article.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
This is only a partial story. They may have called the ambo's or cops and were waiting for them to arrive. Or they may have heard that someone else called the ambo's.

I understand that helping is seen as the right thing to do, but it can also do more harm than good. I've heard of motorcyclists who have become quadraplegics, simply because someone attempted to remove their helmet without knowing the correct procedure. In a lot of cases the people would be better off if the amateurs sat back and waited for the professionals to do what they do.

I think everyone's getting upset that they can just sit there and eat Maccas after a car crash. After my big crash, I got home and went out to order a Pounder. Different people cope with stress in different ways. These kids were obviously in shock and that was their way of dealing with it.

Who's at fault in this crash is irrelevant to the details being offered in the article.

Basically what i was thinking aswell.

If i'm in a crash, i'll help the other people get away from the car if it looks like its going to explode, but i wont be giving CPR either.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Basically what i was thinking aswell.

If i'm in a crash, i'll help the other people get away from the car if it looks like its going to explode, but i wont be giving CPR either.

X2... First thing we got taught at school was if someone is injured DONT help them out of the car etc etc, call an ambulance and police and let them deal with it... Because they know exactly what to do in that situation and the right procedure.

Obviously in a situation like stealthy gave i would be more then happy to help if a car was going to blow up etc

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
you have to render assitance if you are involved ina car accident its actually the law ive read it somewhere before just trying to dig it up from somewhere

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
you have to render assitance...

As long as its safe to do, if someones crashed into a volcano and are burning alive are you going to jump into the lava to save them, i know its a bit over the top but im pretty sure you dont, most people wouldnt know what to do in the situation and cause more harm then good.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I would love to see how many people COULD actually give CPR correctly. Some of the stories we heard from medics in the army were hilarious about people who claimed to know CPR but had no clue.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Yeah I heard that you legally have to help someone if death is imamate too. In the SES if the car is on fire you are allowed to do anything to get them out, it doesn’t matter what condition they are in, first priority is to get them out of the car, then again the SES are except from getting sued in such a situation.

**** The law if someone is dying...

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie

Spot on. OMG they ate food while they sat in shock of what they just saw, how terrible...

I'd never touch anyone at a serious crash site, you don't know what injuries they have, and I'm certainly not qualified to diagnose what their issues are, unless its a car on fire, there is no logical reason that you should try and remove or help them.. The ambulance was called, it arrived.

They're teenagers as well, so they aren't as well equipped to handle situations like these (not that anyone ever is). I think it's more disgraceful that anyone can judge these people without really knowing what was going through their heads at the time. When I had my crash (it was pretty serious), I couldn't speak for an hour, which included when police asked me questions. My brain was ticking over, I just couldn't speak. People handle shock very differently.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
The kids would have been in shock. I know I was a mess after my accident last year, and noone was even hurt then.

As far as giving assistance, I would take the risk of being sued over sitting and watching somebody die then spending the rest of my life thinking 'what if...'

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The kids would have been in shock. I know I was a mess after my accident last year, and noone was even hurt then.

As far as giving assistance, I would take the risk of being sued over sitting and watching somebody die then spending the rest of my life thinking 'what if...'

But were talking about in the case of the elderly couple in the car, nothing you could have done could have saved the man from dying.

Everyone has said, if the car is on fire, they'd get the person out. But as far as performing CPR, thats not the law, otherwise everyone would have to have a first aid certificate to get a license.