Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vic speed cameras signed now?

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Was driving home from work the other day and I saw a sign: "SPEED TESTING AHEAD"

Is this the requirement now?

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
i think its the speed testing as in the led sign things on the bridges that tell you youre going to fast or whatever...

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
A couple years ago the opposition (in vic) promised to put signs up whever there are speed cameras...

Some now have "traffic satfy cameras in the area" or something like that... Which normally means red light camera at the next set of lights, but now there are speed/red light cams popping up all over the place...

They SHOULD put signs up... even if there isnt a camera in a spot, put a sign up, people slow down...

Oh wait... that means they wont make any money... damn... I suppose that means we can scrap that idea :rolleyes:

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
nah this was a car mounted speed camera.. white wagon..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This would be the camera that instantly checks your number plate against a data base of 'persons of interest'. Checks to see if the car has unpaid fines or the owner has warrants etc.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
lol wasnt driving my car.. altho im clean and so is dad (it was his car at the time)

It just suprised me.. ive never seen them signed in vic..

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
All they are doing is testing the camera,they do this often near where i travel.It is not warning you they are there so you slow down.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
A couple years ago the opposition (in vic) promised to put signs up whever there are speed cameras...

Some now have "traffic satfy cameras in the area" or something like that... Which normally means red light camera at the next set of lights, but now there are speed/red light cams popping up all over the place...

They SHOULD put signs up... even if there isnt a camera in a spot, put a sign up, people slow down...

Oh wait... that means they wont make any money... damn... I suppose that means we can scrap that idea :rolleyes:

oh FFS, even if there were signs money would still be made. I am sick of hearing revenue this revenue that, if people are still stupid enough to speed knowing perfectly well how many cams are around then they deserved to be caught. If you DO NOT speed you WILL NOT get fined, why is this so hard to comprehend?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Because no matter how fast you are going or how much traffic is on the road, there is always one D***head that has to be in front of you.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
nah this was a car mounted speed camera.. white wagon..
speed vans in canberra have had them since they were introduced a number of years ago. they say 'your speed has been checked' and have the speed limit posted on the sign