Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

:( .... my poor baby... hit by a truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Well... I don't know what to say...

It was parked (legally), a truck came around the round-about... Trailer wasnt attatched properly...

Hit my car so hard it lifted it.

Here are some pics... Let me kno if you think its a write off or not...

Photo-0095.jpg

Photo-0096.jpg

Photo-0097.jpg

Photo-0101.jpg

Photo-0098.jpg

Photo-0099.jpg

Photo-0100.jpg

Photo-0102.jpg

Photo-0103.jpg

Photo-0104.jpg

Photo-0105.jpg

Photo-0106.jpg

Photo-0107.jpg

Photo-0108.jpg

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
I was inside (about 4 doors down) I heard a massive bang and an alarm going off... I thought to myself "someones not gonna be happy"... And guess what... the someone wasnt happy....

But I have full comp insurance, the truck driver has full insurance and has admitted fault to myself and the police so...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
In one of the pictures, im not sure if its just the way the car is parked or how you took the photo, but it looks like the parcel shelf and everything is uneven. That looks nasty.

Dunno if it will be a write off or not, just lucky it didnt hit the front then you may have been a little more trouble.

Good thing the truck driver stopped and everything...Wouldve made you somewhat unhappier.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The only thing that I can see is the rear 1/4 panel is up against the back door. The car body has moved about 4mm maybe 5mm. If that comes out ok it should be repairable. But it's guna cost a bit to fix. All comes down to how much they cost to replace nowdays.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Holy F*ckin sh*t!!
Thats massive....

I recon it would be a fine like between it being a write of and a repair...
I recon the deciding factor is gonna be if the C-Pillar sustained much damage..
Caus from what i see there from below the boot the car is fine so its mainly panel damage and not chassis

Good luck with it!
Luck you weren't in the car! That would have caused some severe wicklash and neck trauma!

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
It was a mack truck... Pretty damn big... But it was thr trailer that hit my car (I think)...

I'm hopings its NOT repairable... as much as I love that car... If they fix it.. It will never feel the same to me...

I'd rather get a pay out and go find myself another vt 2 or vx calais... I just hope I'm happy with the pay out...

We'll see what happends but yeah.. either way I'm without a car for a fair bit... stuffed when it comes to getting to uni.... I dunno... Im kind of in a state of shock at the moment so..

Status
Not open for further replies.