Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

custody question

Pimpn1

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
hello not sure if anyone will know what to do but i have known a 6yo boy for about 2 months and i took him for a trip to adelaide sa (im 17yrs old) and he told me that he has been hit and bolted door locked in his room so he cant get out, also he has seen his mum and her boyfriend do their personal buisness (boyfriend has just got out of jail for pedophile charges). the docs (department of child services) has taken the 6yo away to rest (forgot the name) for 2 weeks, but he has told me he wants to move/live with me back to adelaide, so i want to know what i can do to get custody of him. he didnt want to go back home to NSW but i had no choice but to take him back to NSW as i didnt want to get charged with kidnapping.

sorry if it sounds silly. i have been very upset as i want to take him. he doesnt see his dad and all his family dont want him, (his other family live in adelaide)

thankyou

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Wats your relationship to the kid?
No offense but i dont like your chances being 17 unless its your brother or something.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
good to see there are some decent poeple still out there :) sorry but i dont like your chances either being 17 maybe when you turn 18. id try and ring some govt depts. and go from there.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
dont know, i havent been in this situation. personally i'd start with dept of child services? and see what they say and or recommend somewhere that will try to help you.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
hello not sure if anyone will know what to do but i have known a 6yo boy for about 2 months and i took him for a trip to adelaide sa (im 17yrs old) and he told me that he has been hit and bolted door locked in his room so he cant get out, also he has seen his mum and her boyfriend do their personal buisness (boyfriend has just got out of jail for pedophile charges). the docs (department of child services) has taken the 6yo away to rest (forgot the name) for 2 weeks, but he has told me he wants to move/live with me back to adelaide, so i want to know what i can do to get custody of him. he didnt want to go back home to NSW but i had no choice but to take him back to NSW as i didnt want to get charged with kidnapping.

sorry if it sounds silly. i have been very upset as i want to take him. he doesnt see his dad and all his family dont want him, (his other family live in adelaide)

thankyou

Mate,

your going to want to call " Families SA " here in south oz. I work directly with children who have been removed from their homes due to all sorts of reasons. Firstly i wouldnt use the word ' custody ' when your talking with them as this term is considered a bit abrupt as it sounds like you ' own ' the child. I would assume that until this child has been sent to SA then they will simply just tell you to speak with your local gov department.

All the best with this mate it sounds like your a decent person and as a fellow teenager i have a great deal of respect for you. Goodluck mate. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions :thumbsup: