Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 VX HSV Clubsport - S2

booders9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
interior is mint ! loves it
but imo should of kept the boot garnish and VX lights..

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
This looks quite clean for a Red VX clubby. Paint looks in very good condition!

Interior upgrades you've done, very nice *thumbs up*

Taillights and boot garnish, um... hmmm... kind of cheapens it a bit for me... makes it look like a kitted exec.

What's the go with the bonnet/front bar alignment?

Looks like there is about an inch of... err.. "over bite" in this picture?

DSC00366.jpg

You need to throw up a clip of it with the new system... should sound nice...

Cheers for the feedback mate.

I have kept the factory rear in storage so I can put it back on to sell down the track.

I like the clean look without the lights which go across, but I know their will be a lot who don't like it.:)

I had the front off to put the trans and power steering coolers on. The cooler for the power steering was faulty and blew the hoses.

It is missing a couple of clips which I have now brought. I plan to paint the champagne parts black, so will put the new clips on and align it better then. (there is going to be a lot of people who won't like the black either :) )

Will get some sound clips of the new exhaust up soon.

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Cheers, am really happy with how the interior came out.

Need to get the parcel shelf in, speakers etc, and the new calais door trims.

Going to change the champagne dash to piano black. (factory one will also go into storage with the rear lights and garnish so whoever buys it can return it closer to standard if they like)

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Rear end loooks hot but IMO you just ruined your clubsport. Each to there own :)

I think the rear looks hot, but as you say each to their own. :)

The car was quite cheap compared to my previous ones, and not really a collectable HSV as such. Not really worried about losing value etc by modifying, as it isn't really going to go up in value. Just wanted a good base to have some fun with and make it the way I like it. Got a few more body mods to come yet.

Appreciate you all taking the time to give me feedback.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Cheers for the feedback mate.

I have kept the factory rear in storage so I can put it back on to sell down the track.

I like the clean look without the lights which go across, but I know their will be a lot who don't like it.:)

I had the front off to put the trans and power steering coolers on. The cooler for the power steering was faulty and blew the hoses.

It is missing a couple of clips which I have now brought. I plan to paint the champagne parts black, so will put the new clips on and align it better then. (there is going to be a lot of people who won't like the black either :) )

Will get some sound clips of the new exhaust up soon.

Hmmm... the black should look interesting... You going to do it gloss black or a matte?

Should go nuts and do the roof and skirt bits where the clubsport badge is black too... That would be very unique...

Good luck with it all mate!

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Hmmm... the black should look interesting... You going to do it gloss black or a matte?

Should go nuts and do the roof and skirt bits where the clubsport badge is black too... That would be very unique...

Good luck with it all mate!

Probably gloss black I think. The rear bit will be done black also.

I have some VZ flutes to go into the guards, and a monaro bonnet to go on.

Had a VZ R8 before this, (sold to have some more money for the family). Paid close to 50 when I brought it. Seemed too complete and good to modify.

This one I got for 16 grand so no issues playing with it, (and no more car payments :) )

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Haha... VZ's indeed are a nice package from factory... nothing a few more kw can't improve though... :p

Agree that it's SOOOO much better to own a car outright. I could never justify spending money on a car if I didn't own it outright.

VZ flutes... a bit over done... unless you got the flutes with the 06 HSV inserts... they would suit your red/black colour scheme as the mesh in them is black?

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Haha... VZ's indeed are a nice package from factory... nothing a few more kw can't improve though... :p

Agree that it's SOOOO much better to own a car outright. I could never justify spending money on a car if I didn't own it outright.

VZ flutes... a bit over done... unless you got the flutes with the 06 HSV inserts... they would suit your red/black colour scheme as the mesh in them is black?

As soon as I am about to pay them off I change my mind and trade them in and start again. Over it!. Wish I had just held on to the Monaro. Eveyones an expert in hindsight.

I have seen a lot with the SS flutes, but not so many with the HSV ones. I am toying with getting the fins black, where the senator has them chrome?.

Got a few more months to think about it though, so never know. Change my mind all the time :)

Missus will just be happy if I get some of the parts I have put together out of the bedroom and onto the car.