Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] 08 VE SSV Oil Display

Rhino77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hello,

Can you answer me a question please. I have a VE SSV V8 and the middle display is constantly showing low oil, however it is full. I see a lot of people having issues with this, is this a flaw in design, or what is it? I have taken this to at least 6 mechanics, had sensors changed and still does it. Is there anyway I can disconnect it. The beeping is driving me insane. It starts on 4-5 bars, drive it for a little bit, drops to 0 than the car beeps at me.
9A7CF0EC-14BF-4552-B3C1-DF941D3A2B56.jpeg

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
whats the data on the scanner say when they look at it ? the gauge only show the same data so if its not showing the pressure in the data then there is a sensor or wiring issue, or if that data is fine but just the gauge dosnt show then there is a gauge/data to gauge issue

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
It’s not an oil level gauge, it’s an oil pressure gauge. Either the sensor isn’t working properly or you’ve got an actual oil pressure problem which you need to get sorted asap before it destroys your engine.