Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

100 Octane - Extreme

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Back to the original thread, news from Shell is that Extreme is going to go up to a 7c diff over normal Optimax. Now as to your arguements over what is best and what isn't, I have tried all ethanol blends available in Vic. United's blends, Both the PlusULP 94RON and the Boost98RON have their advantages. In a NA Ecotec, 94RON Plus is smoother and lasts longer. In the LS1 The 98Boost is the smoothest fuel I have ever used! But made little diff to fuel economy. I have just recently driven my Clubby to Queensland along with my fiancees VX1 'S'. (See Fuel Economy Thread in VT-X). The whole trip was done ethanol free as I had a good dose of 14cpl Vouchers from Fly-Buys!! Instead I opted for the 95RON Premium from Shell. Average consumption with headwind on way up - 10.1l/100kms. On way home, little to no tail wind, 9.7l/100kms. Average Speed, 96.7km/h. I also generally found that the LS1 with 3.73 diff and a 6spd will get it's best economy at about 100km/h (av 9.1l/100kms) while it suffers from there on up. As most of the roads in central NSW on the Newell Hwy are 110km/h, I could have done better! But all in consideration and the fact that my first ever Commodore was a VC 3.3l L 4spd Man Sedan, this was great! Bigger car, bigger motor, Same economy. Same conclusion here too on the type of fuel to use in the car. DON'T BELIEVE THE SHELL/BP HYPE ABOUT BETTER ECONOMY ON 98RON's, it doesn't happen!!

J2112

R8-HSV-06
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV R8 M6
HSVKEV260R8 said:
Back to the original thread, news from Shell is that Extreme is going to go up to a 7c diff over normal Optimax. Now as to your arguements over what is best and what isn't, I have tried all ethanol blends available in Vic. United's blends, Both the PlusULP 94RON and the Boost98RON have their advantages. In a NA Ecotec, 94RON Plus is smoother and lasts longer. In the LS1 The 98Boost is the smoothest fuel I have ever used! But made little diff to fuel economy. I have just recently driven my Clubby to Queensland along with my fiancees VX1 'S'. (See Fuel Economy Thread in VT-X). The whole trip was done ethanol free as I had a good dose of 14cpl Vouchers from Fly-Buys!! Instead I opted for the 95RON Premium from Shell. Average consumption with headwind on way up - 10.1l/100kms. On way home, little to no tail wind, 9.7l/100kms. Average Speed, 96.7km/h. I also generally found that the LS1 with 3.73 diff and a 6spd will get it's best economy at about 100km/h (av 9.1l/100kms) while it suffers from there on up. As most of the roads in central NSW on the Newell Hwy are 110km/h, I could have done better! But all in consideration and the fact that my first ever Commodore was a VC 3.3l L 4spd Man Sedan, this was great! Bigger car, bigger motor, Same economy. Same conclusion here too on the type of fuel to use in the car. DON'T BELIEVE THE SHELL/BP HYPE ABOUT BETTER ECONOMY ON 98RON's, it doesn't happen!!

Hey...u got some pics of your clubby?

any mods?