Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

100 % Octane in VS Ute.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
now e85, you'd almost have to upgrade the injectors to run it properly along with a retune, doubt the std injectors would flow anywhere near enough....

might have to replace all the fuel lines and throw the 1600cc injectors on for s&g's just to find out, quicker than the lpg vapor injection i was putting on........

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
E85 is the ducks nuts of all the fuels you can buy at servos. But being ethanol it burns more.

End of the day use the fuel your car was tuned on. That's where you will see the bet results.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Thanks msiys for the reply thats cool mate, your right I''ll be going back to 98 octane the 100 proving less economical. And now I also know there is no such thing as 100% octane as some other member pointed out!

The octane is a rating not a percentage so its 100 octane not 100% octane same as the 91 95and 98 is octane rating not a percentage.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Dear guy above me..

That was already covered..

Read the thread..

Stop being grumpy..

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Actually it's a Rated Octane Number.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Actually it's a Rated Octane Number.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Research Octane Number.........................presented to assist members with same interests and not to demoralise.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Damn, owned. lol.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Dear guy above me..

That was already covered..

Read the thread..

Stop being grumpy..
People have user names for a reason mine ain't guy above I wasn't being grumpy at all not sure how you come to that conclusion at all yes I had read all the thread but giving that I had miss read the post I quoted sorry that you took offence to my mistake after all I'm only human and guess what we all make mistakes....

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
ive been using united 100 in my old car and yes guys i wouldnt recommend it to anyone i wouldnt even touch it as its burnt out my injectors and ####ed up my fuel pump same goes with e85 only diffrence is i used to buy it from america in the barrel e85 is 110 octane from memory with 70 to 85 % ethanol as its been clinicly tested. just use premuim from bp and if u want the extra oumph just use the octane booster to boost it too 100 without having ethanol is it. As for petrol prices there going to hit sky high very soon so lpg is the go if ur on a cheap budget which some of u guys are in here, only thing is it burns more leaner then any other fuel

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Word is fuel prices are on the way down, particularly if Costco bring their pumps online, rumoured to be under the dollar mark if they do, so seems conflicting information there.