Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200 kw 5.0 ?

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
ive seen a few 5.0's now pull just a tad over 200 rwkw n/a. i think the vn ss group A pulled around that mark. does anyone have a parts list or something that will pull 200 kw out of a 5.0 ? (proven power figures) or would i be better of strapping a side mount to her ? opinions people!

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
11ish:1 comp, solid cam in the 240's and decent intake will make that easy.

other option is a 355 with a 286 or similar with stock intake. best thing about that is that you wont have to rev it like the 5.0 and the stock intake and tamer idle will keep the cops away...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
as above, a fair decent bump stick would get you there.
but yeah if funds allow id be strapping on a blower, that way you will get more like 250kw and retain some driveability and fuel economy.

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
yeah a big thing is to retain drive ablility and fuel econamy, its a vp calais, t56 and 3,9s. its my daily haha. ive looked into a few kits and for about the 210rwkw mark im looking at about 6-7k wich isnt to bad. has anyone on here used the C.O.M.E intake manifold ? do they do much ?

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
apparently the come manifolds flow a metric ####load and will be way too big for your intended application.
if youre gunna go n/a get yourself a torque power dual plane hi rise and 1000cfm t/b, that will be better suited.

if youre going to go charged keep the banannas for low down torque and if you get pinged you can just remove the charger and get it cleared.
much easier to remove a s/c than a s/c and manifold...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
s/c gets my vote, looking at 7k for a kit that will pull 250kw+.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
yeah but nothing beats the sound of an angry 5.0 with a gilmer belt drive.

if it was me id spend some more and go a single turbo setup fpr even better manners on the street.

reason i say that is because a friend of a friend bought himself a charged vq and it was pretty tough but he ditched the s/c for a turbo and reckons its alot nicer to drive and still makes the same if not more peak power..

92 VP SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore SS 1992
NOS , get a NOS kit installed. less than 1k. That has to be the easiest and least expensive way to make 200KW.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
NOS , get a NOS kit installed. less than 1k. That has to be the easiest and least expensive way to make 200KW.

this is true, its not very convenient on the streets though.

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
yeah im not even going to consider nos lol.

wildss i see what you are saying about the grunty 5.0, it is tempting. but its alot harder to remove a defect off something like that as aposed to a side mount, wich i think is what's winning at the moment, for around 7k im looking at a tad over 210 rwkw. wich would be ideal for street duties.