Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006/2007 VE Model's Check Engine Light Occurring Frequently?

rooboy1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
might be a dig but it may help some of our new members
Hey fellas, wasn't a dig, that's exactly what happened and vehicle is still all good. Maybe I'm a bit naive but does seem to have resolved the problem. Cheers

Darren B

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais, 2007 VE Calais, 2009 VE CalaisV
CDS...i have 07 SV6. took to the local mech and holden both told me timing chain. i asked to see the codes both refused said no customers in workshop. just want to confirm 100% on the code. any chance of me coming over to where the scantool is and see for sure what the code is. whats it going to cost for the scan to find out my code. . i am in south east melbourne. i know chadstone area...

thanks heaps.
Sorry for Jumping In late, I have Dec, 2006 VE Calais got off showroom floor (Chains needed doing at 45,000Km Warranty) and a Feb, 2007 one (Chains at 250,000 I had to pay for) and now a 2009 VE Calais V I had for 2 days (150,00km's, Dealer Warranty) and its chains just had to be done, So you really cant pick it ... luckily the price has gone down over the past few years.(Between $1,500 & $1,800 in Newcastle atm) You can drive them on lower power but not advised for long, if they do snap, your most likely up for heaps.

Lee maas

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Hi there i have a ve ssv commodore 07 and my alternator light came on for a few min then went away then then came on about 10 min later it has been doing that for the last few days what is the best thing to do

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Replace the alternator.

mr_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 07
Hi there i have a ve ssv commodore 07 and my alternator light came on for a few min then went away then then came on about 10 min later it has been doing that for the last few days what is the best thing to do
Get it to a mechanic that has the reader tool, and replace it if it's broken.

Replace the alternator.
Seems like a no brainer

Fatfella

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Read many things but still cant find an answer. I have a 2009 VE SV6 AND IT has 104955kms on it. first issue was the warning light and the car was just pig rooting at low speed. I took it to a machanic and he just reset it. Cost me 90 bucks. 2 days later same issue. Rathet than spending more cash I did day of google research. 1 option was to turn the car on and off 4 times. I admit thhe light did go off for about a week and then it came back on and shuddered again at low speed. I am trying to sell the car as I dont need 2 but I am not hoing to sell it like this. I hope there are more explinations. I dont understand that with all the issuses I have read that holden dont recall and fix the issue.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Fatfella, there are hundreds of reasons the cel will come on
go to supercheap or similar shop and they will scan your code for you
or just buy a cheap scan tool, go halves with a friend or relative
when you know the code you can work from there
or start throwing parts at it and hope for the best, which usually works out more expensive

Rob75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore Omega 2007 v6
Hi all I have 07 Holden commodore Omega engine light comes on and off any idea on what may be causing this