Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ SS 6 Litre 74000K's

PetesProject

Gas is for barbecue's...
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6.0L L76
I really must admit though mate you make a great point...im sure if it was over here in Adelaide registered, it would have to go for more than 10k...provided it runs ok.

and your right, vzss with sub 80kilometres...like 15 grand easy right? something has to give, just a matter of what! WHAT'S GOING TO BE WRONG WITH THIS THING!!!
I HAVE TO KNOW!!!

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
you could do it though keep it a month or two even if its fine, then put it up for sale. Make some decent money and start from scratch buy a $10,000 ls1 and spend 5k doing exactly what YOU want on it. and you will be in a better situation than you are now :)

PetesProject

Gas is for barbecue's...
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6.0L L76
Just an update, don't use Ceva for interstate car transport guys... my car is still sitting in the depot in Brisbane and I
just found out that I won't see it until at least half way through September after being quoted (and payed for) a 2 week
turn around...It's been hard enough waiting this long to see what I'm in for with this car, this is totally ####ed.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crack the shits get quotes from else where and then ask for a refund for false promises

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
sounds like they wanna drive her for a bit lol,hope not though,i suggest get on a plane and go get it mate

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Adelaide to brisibane wouldnt be thatexpensive..so jump on a plane and go get it.

PetesProject

Gas is for barbecue's...
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6.0L L76
I'm heading out to brisbane this friday night and driving it back, I will never use a freight company for cars ever again.

what a nightmare...really hope this story has a good ending :/

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Buy some oil, and coolant just incase when your up there, its a long way home. I wouldn't go through hay planes, not somewhere you wanna get stuck if something goes wrong on a new car you have never driven or experienced its maintenance

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I'm heading out to brisbane this friday night and driving it back

its a long way home. I wouldn't go through hay planes, not somewhere you wanna get stuck if something goes wrong on a new car you have never driven or experienced its maintenance

So you think go through Cobar / Broken Hill is safer! Gotta love them 500,000 goats and wild boars. Taking it via coast road adds a day at least.

I do this run Brisbane - Barossa and back a few times a year, it is punishing. I agree that you should book it in on a hoist and go over it with a mechanic, at least check brakes and fluids properly, drop the oil and filter, check alignment and tyres etc. I'd spend $200-$300 doing that first to reduce my risk coz speed and obstacles in an unknown used car is sorta silly out there.

Think of this trip as 3% of total km travelled by the car in its life, maybe never done the sustained speed / high speed situations you will encounter.

I can recommend a couple of genuine guys here in Bris who would hoist it and go over it with you, may cost bugger all, but if it takes time to make good then is time/money invested.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
glad to see you bit the bullet to go and get it,

also as pirate suggested throw her on a hoist and get it checked thoroughly,last thing you want is a wolf creek lol