Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 Astra?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Brakes on Astra's will need doing every 45,000km's approx. $1000ish for front and rears genuine.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Or you could buy a Commodore and machine them every 5000kms.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
We have a few 2007 Astras for work cars.
I dont know anything about the mechanical/cost side, but as far as driving goes, they are a nice car to drive.
Im 6' 4" and I find the Astra to be about the only small car I can sit in comfortably and drive for long periods of time. They handle quite well, only down side is they arnt a power house, I cant tell the difference between the VZ wagon and the Astra as far as power goes. The other thing is the brakes are queer. Its firm the whole one down but its like, nothing, nothing, nothing HOLY **** WE ARE STOPPING. Brakes take alot to get use to.
Also these cars are flogged day in and day out and keep going, but we dont keep them past 80k anyway so not sure on prolonged hard life.

bandidoben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon
mate if your parents are pretty much telling you what to buy and you dont want what they say. buy a bike and ride it untill to you get the money yourself to buy what you want. not what someone else tells you what you want or thinks what is best for you.

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
You can kill your self or countless other people in ANY car you buy.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
What sort of Budget are you looking to spend ?

I was not imprested by a 2006 Astra auto, even though its build quality was good. Gutless drivetrain - way to gutless. Corolla was better.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Well I ended up getting the Astra. I have to say, I'm really impressed with it...I honestly never knew a FWD car could drive as nicely as this one does. I've mostly driven Mitsus before, which tend to understeer, I have to admit though, I'm impressed with the way the Astra handles, while its not a Commodore, its a great car. :)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Well I ended up getting the Astra. I have to say, I'm really impressed with it...I honestly never knew a FWD car could drive as nicely as this one does. I've mostly driven Mitsus before, which tend to understeer, I have to admit though, I'm impressed with the way the Astra handles, while its not a Commodore, its a great car. :)

Time to change your username to goASTRA? :p

Nah, congrats on the car dude. Most people never get the car they want as their first car.. I had an '83 Bluebird station wagon as my first! Do up a My Ride thread when you get the chance :)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Thanks, I've taken care of both things - I've submitted a request to change my username, and I've posted a My Ride thread, just waiting for it to be approved :)