Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 Monaro?

B

bns-sticky

If you understand how the GM group function that story would make sense.

GM (holden) are still making the monaros, for export only. In that story it states that they are only for the UK and USA. There is nothing really stopping you having a Monaro here in aus, except you will have to import and re mod it back to Aus specs.

We have a great dealing (well use too untill that f$#ked us around) with Holden. GM do not make enough money out of the Monaros in Aus but they do over seas. That is the true reason behind scraping the monaros in Australia. You will notice if you had read the financial reports for GM Australasian- Pacific region the reasons behind a lot of there decisions of late.

The New VE commodore gets most of its parts from the DAEWOO plant. Yes GM still own DAEWOO but just do not have a DAEWOO presence in Australia cos it cost them too much money.

GM is in major finacial striffe all over the place. Thats why there has been so many major model changes. They try to cut the cost of producing the cars by using **** stuff pretty much. The new barina, DAEWOO. The holden one tonner was scrapped for one reason, they have to cut donw on the number of Australia made cars cos the cost of making them is too high.

If you goto www.gm.com and look around for the finance reports (takes a bit to find) you will see how bad they are at present.

Stick man

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
lol how shattered would u be if u bought a cv8 ... lolll BAH!!!! hahahahahaa

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Monaro-2010 VESSV Ute-2010 Kawasaki JetSki
nEb. said:
lol how shattered would u be if u bought a cv8 ... lolll BAH!!!! hahahahahaa

I did...and loving it !

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
as far as i knew we were still shipping off monaros to america.

did you know that the last aussie monaro is apparently sitting in one of those big airlock bags. one of the instructors told me that at holden college

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
IMO it was a mistake to bring back the monaro, the monaro was a classia from the 70s, also i think if they do the same with the torana, its been and done...i love the past cars, they are classics, but trying to rebirth them doesnt seem right :( i think the GTO was a goodchoice to bring out, but it didnt need the monaro alongside it...

just my opinion...

Cheers, Todd

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Monaro-2010 VESSV Ute-2010 Kawasaki JetSki
I think that Holden did a great thing with the Monaro. It is great driving it around. I only hope they do bring out a Camaro, because I will definately buy one.