Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE SSV Sportswagons Rubbish

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Model Year is the specification of the model, not the year it was built. It's a way older cars can be perceived to be new...

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Pity about the fit and finish. Can't say I've seen 1 VE like that yet.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I wouldn't say I don't like them but i'll b buying mine when its 10-15 years old, say at least that way I can explain why it doesn't fit.

Kurhas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S
how are there already MY09s out then? What a laughable system

the american system is like for all new the cars there, the cars are like one year later than its build...just putting it out there

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
I don't seem to have the same panel misalignment on my ute although I do have a slight rattle in my left A-pillar which I suspect the vent is to blame... although I bought my ute second hand I'm not totally convinced it's previous owner shenanigans. Beyond that it's a fairly straightforward car compared to other manufacturers with my experience. I was appalled with the quality of the FG ute interior though. You can see the blue glue marks between gaps around the dash!

If I was the one responsible for taking delivery of those two wagons I'd send them back hey. Tell them that yes, times are getting tougher but it'll be tough to please you again after that bull...

vtdan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore and S/C VX Calais
I know you have 2 cars that are mis-aligned, but you would be suprised how many new cars are damaged and repaired before delivery. My wife works for a vehicle transport company that quite often has to pay for repairs to brand new cars.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
in a way you would expect that if a new car was damaged before delivery the panel/paint shop would take extra special care to make sure it was like new, probably coming better than from new, if you know what I mean.

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
MY stands for "model year" and the 09 is the year number. the only confusing part is that they start building the 09's mid way through 08!
other than that its not too hard to understand

vthsvsen8tor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt hsv senator signature
these seem to be minor complaints and an easy fix but you as the customer have a right to complain back to the dealer.the feedback should then be feed back to the plant. as for the my09 the MY stands for Model Year 2009 = my09 hope this helps but you should take it to the dealership and give them a chance to help rectify you problems, as it is not only holdens with this problem. As for the hsv with the same issues i wouldn't have accepted it but also remember that all have bumpers skirts ect all fitted at hsv so they should be fixing any of these issues there.

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
My 06 SSV doesn't have those kind of panel alignment issues thankfully - maybe they're not taking quite so much care now due to the GFC and having to drop prices? I'd definately be back in the dealer to get it resolved though, 'cos resale will suffer big time as others have said.