Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SSV will be mine next week.Help needed.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
What things should i check when it arrives?

Tyres- Need to be OEM tires if car has only 14000 kms
Inside- No stretch marks,dry leather or flattened bolsters. stains on the roof,carpets etc. Make sure it has a decent spare and all tools.
Outside-Signs of accident damage. Check engine bay/underside for oil leaks etc.Gutter rashed wheels.
Log books......Doesn't mean ****, if it packs in you screwed.
Test drive-Listen for any noises that don't sound normal. How the trans shifts and feels.

Answered Above

Can i ask why you didn't consider going to a Holden dealership and buying something brand new. You had 38k, i know people who paid that for a 12.5 SSV.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Answered Above

Can i ask why you didn't consider going to a Holden dealership and buying something brand new. You had 38k, i know people who paid that for a 12.5 SSV.

Thanks mate, really appreciate the answers. I will definitely be looking at all the things mentioned.

To answer your question i only had max 32k to spend plus possibly another grand if i needed it.

From my research 12 and 12.5 were around 50k+ and i didn't have that to spend. I probably could have gone with a brand new SV6 but i really wanted an 8.

If you hear about any more 12.5 SSV's for mid 30k please pm me :eek:

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Sometimes you can find a real gem 2nd hand, but would always suggest checking it out in the flesh... Whats a few hundred for a plane ticket when you're dropping 30K plus.

You are right mate, thats why i didnt mind putting a deposit on it. The car yard in Adelaide was purchasing another car from the same yard in Taz and came across the SSV while i was inside talking to the sales dude. They asked me if i liked it, looked at the photos and said yep, put in on the boat.

Like i said, i only have a 1k deposit down on it as its still pending my inspection. Will be here this week. Friggen can't wait!!!!!

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Thanks mate, really appreciate the answers. I will definitely be looking at all the things mentioned.

To answer your question i only had max 32k to spend plus possibly another grand if i needed it.

From my research 12 and 12.5 were around 50k+ and i didn't have that to spend. I probably could have gone with a brand new SV6 but i really wanted an 8.

If you hear about any more 12.5 SSV's for mid 30k please pm me :eek:

Glad to help, sounds like you have gotten a good deal on the ssv if everthing is all good. Give you cash to do mods like otr, exhaust and tune.

As for 12.5 ssv's for that price, my mate got his 12.5 ssv sedan for 37995 in september last year, and i picked my brand new wagon up for just under 40k in december last year. So it is possible to bargain the price down on price.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Glad to help, sounds like you have gotten a good deal on the ssv if everthing is all good. Give you cash to do mods like otr, exhaust and tune.

As for 12.5 ssv's for that price, my mate got his 12.5 ssv sedan for 37995 in september last year, and i picked my brand new wagon up for just under 40k in december last year. So it is possible to bargain the price down on price.

Absolutely would have loved to purchased brand new. But it was a re financed loan against the house and max i felt comfortable with around 32k, spewing i should have pushed for a bit more.

I really wanted one that already had some mods but honestly id prefer to get them done myself. Not that i know what im doing, hence why i signed up here.

Cant wait to start, already have a few thoughts.

Thanks again for the help. :thumbup:

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Any modifications and it's void also and you don't get a refund..
This is not true.
Modifications can be done, the part changed just doean't have warranty, and if the part changed causes damage then that won't be fixed either.
But saying one modification will void your whole warranty is just not true.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
glad to help, sounds like you have gotten a good deal on the ssv if everthing is all good. Give you cash to do mods like otr, exhaust and tune.

show me the receipts!

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Anyone heard of nano xp tinting? Can get it done @ a place in Adelaide for $300 @25% seems fair. But havent seen it in the flesh yet. The place also does one for
$250 called carbon???

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
show me the receipts!

here is a photo: it is that price 38269+355=38624 38624+905 delivery=39529 drive away. i got free stamp and 3rd party rego free

Last edited: