Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SSV will be mine next week.Help needed.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Dammit, havent recieved the car yet. Hoping tomorrow if not im told monday.

Has given me lots of time to check for mods.

Tint will be first 25% nano xp from d and s tint in adelaide.

I'm thinking rims next as i can get ve gts cheap. Do they come in black?
Hoping to then sell the ssv stock rims to cover some cash.

Tossing up between ride height and power next.

Kpm have a "power package" not sure how good it is. 2.5 cat back stainless quad tips. Otr induction (legal with air flow sensor) and a tune for just a smidgen under 3k

Lowering im not sure on. Will have to see it with the new rims first i guess. How much more expensive is it doing shocks+springs instead of just springs?

Guessing it will depend on how far i drop it, i just really want to level look not ssssssssssssssssssL

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
WOW, I should have gone brand new, now I feel ripped, when I bought my SS-V (Karma, 6speed Man, 29K) 8 months ago it was on the lot for 35, i got em down to 32, got tint and a tow bar thrown in, and got 2900 for my old Lumina (HBD kit, rims, premium audio and steering wheel, had 290k) so only paid 29K change over. I know I should have sold the Lumina privately but it would of been hella hard to get rid of with that on the clock.

Congrats by the way pics when you get it !!!!

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
WOW, I should have gone brand new, now I feel ripped, when I bought my SS-V (Karma, 6speed Man, 29K) 8 months ago it was on the lot for 35, i got em down to 32, got tint and a tow bar thrown in, and got 2900 for my old Lumina (HBD kit, rims, premium audio and steering wheel, had 290k) so only paid 29K change over. I know I should have sold the Lumina privately but it would of been hella hard to get rid of with that on the clock.

Congrats by the way pics when you get it !!!!

What year is yours mate?
I feel a bit ripped as well. Wish i had of taken out a bit more cash now.

I did ask a holden dealer and he said ~55k for a 12.5 ssv wagon. When i was looking 4 months ago :banghead:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Generally, the only reason a dealer 'wholesales' a vehicle to another is that they simply don't want it (for some reason, perhaps it was a 'lemon', perhaps it was flooded, perhaps it has all the problems 'from Hell', perhaps someone 'topped' themselves in it (!!!). I wouldn't touch it unless I could speak personally with the original owner to ascertain why it was disposed of etc.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
But considering some yards sell upto 70 cars a month they still have to get their cars from somewhere.

They have told me its been checked, im gonna check revs when it comes, might get the RAA to check it and also my mechanic.

Worst case its still under warranty.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
It it was flood damaged would it no be in the REVs history ? Like the it would be a repairable write off, or a statuatory write off ?

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
If you buy it from a yard they have to provide you with a PPSR or REVS check..

You should be given it before signing on the dotted line..

Flood damaged vehicles should show on the REVS check..
If it is clean a decent mechanic will know the tell tale signs of a flooded vehicle.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
If you're willing to put in some work, you can pick up holdens dirt cheap nowadays. I picked myself up an 07 WM caprice V8, 170,000kms for $12,500 on Injected gas. Few interior pieces were marked, rear had been touch parked, and rear quarter was scraped on a pole parking, but for 12.5k barrrgaaiiinnnn