Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2nd fuel pump gone in a month (P0231)

Mykl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Black Edition
May The Force Be With You !
Do or do not. There is not try
Make sure you have ALL YOUR paperwork with you,
And Photocopy it, and provide ONLY Photocopies to them !
Not the originals,
Been there, Done that with Booran Holden in Cheltenham.
Great advice! Yeah I will make sure to do that :)

Reactions: Lex

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Just be thankful you don't own a ute , my VE pump failed then 13 months later the new one shat the bed
so warranty wasn't given.
With the new design VE VF there is no access via the tray so its exhaust and drive shaft off to drop the tank .
really bad design , holden ute's of old had an access panel in the tray .

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Don’t VE/VFs have a fuel pump controller module near the battery somewhere? Vaguely remember something like that on a YouTube video from the US about an issue with that module on a Caprice PPV. Maybe the module is faulty and killing the pump?

Mykl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Black Edition
Just be thankful you don't own a ute , my VE pump failed then 13 months later the new one shat the bed
so warranty wasn't given.
With the new design VE VF there is no access via the tray so its exhaust and drive shaft off to drop the tank .
really bad design , holden ute's of old had an access panel in the tray .
Pretty sure the VF sedans don't have an access panel either. I think it was either series 2 VE or VFs they stopped doing the access panel which was under the rear seats. Now you gotta drop the whole rear end to get to the fuel pump thinking of telling them to cut an access panel just in case for future jobs

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Surely they would have flushed the tank out. When I had to change one of mine, it looked okay in the tank so I didn't bother.
New pump lasted about a week.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Don’t VE/VFs have a fuel pump controller module near the battery somewhere? Vaguely remember something like that on a YouTube video from the US about an issue with that module on a Caprice PPV. Maybe the module is faulty and killing the pump?
yea VE series 1 was standard pump, the VE series 2 and VF have the FPCM

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
need to see whats going on with the pump not working have to remove it and cut into it and see if its melted inside or ceased because of contamination or impeller spins but circuitry not working or wiring is damaged/melted, check impeller first as u can see it in the inlet see if it spins if it dosnt then crack into the pump see why its ceased, if it does spin then check wiring first for damage/plugs hot and remove pump and test with power/earth see if works (do not ever run pump out of fuel for longer then a few sec) that should start to narrow it down

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Also need to check the wiring harness between the pump and the FPCM.

Mykl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Black Edition
*Update*
Spoke to the guy that changed the fuel pump the first time and he said he specifically remembered doing my car and assured me he checked the plug when changing over the pump and said it was immaculate with no obvious signs of burn or damage. His next suggestion was to try change the Fuel Pump Control Module. Didn't want to spend $200+ on a brand new one from Holden just for the problem to still be around so I ordered one for $50 from a wreckers online. Should be here in a couple days. Fingers crossed it's that.

Any tips or advice for changing it over. I believe it's located under the battery mount in the boot? Anything to look out for?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
If its the same Part #,
It should swap over straightaway,

When I was at the Wreckers some time back when I did my Pump via the Tank out,
I picked up a FPCU and put it on the shelf.

I am fairly sure it's NOT VIN Dependent.