Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

350 chev or 308

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
a Gen 3 LS1 is 346 ci not 350. Thats where everone makes the mistake.
Oh and i wasn't saying YOUR car was done dodgy. Just thats what some ppl do.

The 454 in a VC sounds very intresting. Do you think a car mag will do a feature on it?.

Oh and saying things like"Your full of yourself" well i get that all the time. So it doesn't worry me one bit. Might make the mods look but.

All i can say hemipoweredvk is, Welcome and i hope you do enjoy this site. Sorry if i sound like a prick, I wasn't trying to. Sorry that we got off on the wrong foot. Ok? :)

hemipoweredvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais, vn waggon
foammedia said:
This is all good and all but the gen 3 is a _*completely*_ different motor and block, the engines with the vortec heads are the LT1's, The LT1 sump on a old block I can see happening but not one from a LS1

yeh was talking about vortec heads as i was writing. yes they r a allum block n heads but r built on old specs to a point

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
hemipoweredvk said:
what r u getting at what doesnt make a gen 3 a 350 chev? buy saying that would be too say a 5l isnt a 308\304?, the new 350 gen 3 commy block is imported and is the same as the old 350 blocks just with a few slight internal changes for the roller cam and so (5.7=5.7, 350=350) (edited sorry was talking about vortec heads while writing) but everything is backwards compatible just like the new 5.0l and the old 308's.

The only thing that Gen3 chevs and the older 350s have in common is the bore spacing. All other components are completely different and not interchangable in anyway, If you have done the customer conversions you claim to have done you would know that these two engines are completely different beasts.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk executive. vr executive
hemipoweredvk said:
yeh was talking about vortec heads as i was writing. yes they r a allum block n heads but r built on old specs to a point
any chance of an email address to get specs from your conversion as you have been the only one thats has good feed back towards the 350 and have done it with little trouble:wave:

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
and should i buy full block ready to go or rebuild?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Best to get a full block ready to go. Unless you want to try a full build however.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/ENUT said:
Best to get a full block ready to go. Unless you want to try a full build however.

thing is if i rebuild then i know wat im getting but a ready to rock engine is abit cheaper
:confused:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well what do you want? a motor that you know what you put in or one thats built and cheaper?. Me personaly i would go the already built one.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/ENUT said:
Well what do you want? a motor that you know what you put in or one thats built and cheaper?. Me personaly i would go the already built one.

am looking at both will get to one to put in the car and rebuild a race one the down thetrace transplant them:coolpimp: