Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

350 chev or 308

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk executive. vr executive
Pub24/7 said:
if you can afford them :D and if you got more money go alloy heads

witch one alloy. yella trra or vn?:ranting:

hemipoweredvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais, vn waggon
this post has gone wacked lmao.
350 chev in vk piece of piss
1) use gen 3 sump n pick-up
2) use chev adaptor ($10 from rares) and standard vk v8 mounts
3) 3\4 core 6 cyl rad to suit chev
hq engine loom convert to vk only needing to swap plug at firewall
use a t350 or t5 (direct bolt up boxes) or what eva box u want just get the correct adaptors.

350 over 308 well there no compairing cubes :)
go the 350 and then down the track rebuild it and stroke to 383 for less that the 308-355 stroker and more hp

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
hemipoweredvk said:
use a t350 or t5 (direct bolt up boxes) or what eva box u want just get the correct adaptors.

go the 350 and then down the track rebuild it and stroke to 383 for less that the 308-355 stroker and more hp

ok you the man ever one has told me that it will be a mission and a half
to put the 350 in everone else was turning me towards the 308 but now 350 is the way better way to go i wanted the 350 to star with then had people telling me that id be spending 1000s to even put the engine in and iv had that argument with the cubes with a few mates.:thumbsup:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
hemipoweredvk said:

Have you actually ever done it?. If so you have just shown the WRONG dodgy way. If you done that the RTA would put a red sticker on it.

hemipoweredvk said:
Hmm a gen 3 sump and pick up. If its the gen 3 i know of they only fit LS1/LS2/LS6 and LS7.

hemipoweredvk said:
Well just had a look on rare spares, they don't even stock them!!. I know CRS stock them, over $100. And any adaptor is more than $10

hemipoweredvk said:
Ha a 6 cylinder radiator? If you know what a 350 looks like, its the same as a Holden 308. So you need a V8 rad.

hemipoweredvk said:
THis won't work either. The HQ is a completely different car with a completely different wire loom. They aren't even compatable.

hemipoweredvk said:
a TH350 might fit with a chev bellhousing, same as a T5. So they aren't direct bolt up are they? No.

hemipoweredvk said:
Well if thats the case, why isn't everyone doing that to the Commodores?. Also the cost of stroking a 350 Chev is more than a 308.

Like i said near the beginning, it costs over $4000 just to fit a 350 into a VB-VL. Thats before you even think about what gear box to use, what tailshaft and diff.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/ENUT said:
Have you actually ever done it?. If so you have just shown the WRONG dodgy way. If you done that the RTA would put a red sticker on it.
as for the red sticker then you can get away a tunnel ram hanging out the bonnet and still be street legal.

Hmm a gen 3 sump and pick up. If its the gen 3 i know of they only fit LS1/LS2/LS6 and LS7.
will lok in2 the gen 3

Well just had a look on rare spares, they don't even stock them!!. I know CRS stock them, over $100. And any adaptor is more than $10
adaptor i can get made up at mates rates for bout $10

Ha a 6 cylinder radiator? If you know what a 350 looks like, its the same as a Holden 308. So you need a V8 rad. electric vr radiater should sort this problem

THis won't work either. The HQ is a completely different car with a completely different wire loom. They aren't even compatable.
as for the wiring i was going to do a full set up anyway. you cant run the same wiring for a different manufacture engine even i know at least that much

a TH350 might fit with a chev bellhousing, same as a T5. So they aren't direct bolt up are they? No.
toyota super gear box chev bellhousing can get the

Well if thats the case, why isn't everyone doing that to the Commodores?. Also the cost of stroking a 350 Chev is more than a 308.
well they are over here in nz i know of at least 3 vks with 350 chevs

Like i said near the beginning, it costs over $4000 just to fit a 350 into a VB-VL. Thats before you even think about what gear box to use, what tailshaft and diff.

so yere nz have different rule after im done ill put the price of it all on this site
:yeah:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Have you asked around any places in NZ to see whats involved yet? Thats the first thing i would of done.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/ENUT said:
Have you asked around any places in NZ to see whats involved yet? Thats the first thing i would of done.

haven managed to get hold orf the people that have done it but have takes to 2 engineers and a mechanic and all have told me the 350 is the way to go :D

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
308 stroker with VN heads, and a 750 holley.

darkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
bangers said:
308 stroker with VN heads, and a 750 holley.

what about a350 with a stroked to 383 and a tunnel ram:dance:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
308 strocked to 383 same thing
308 and the small block are interchangable !