Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

383 VX Clubby

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Cheers guys its been a long hard road to get to this stage and has taken over 2yrs trying different combos to find out what works and what I would be happy with.
Torque went from 827nm on PULP to 863nm on E85 I can take 2nd gear corners in 3rd and let the revs drop as low as 900rpm and it pulls like a frieght train without having to go back to 2nd its so flexible and easy to drive because of the torque.
Ive been working on little things lately like chroming of brackets and changing bolts to s/steel cap screws and braided lines still got a little way to go till Im happy with it.
012-1.jpg

001-3.jpg

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Great work Steve, looks awesome.

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Nice. :) Hey i notice on earlier photos you are running msd coils, but not now, any reason why? I have heard they have been failing lately or not working as well as they should.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I'm suprised you have relocated the coils.
Thats one thing I really want to do, then get some chromed rocker covers.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Cheers Nick.
I had a miss and the motor was running crappy so in my hunt to find the problem I changed the MSD coils back for the stockers and fitted new leads and new plugs but the miss was still there, took the rocker covers off and number 1 intake rocker stud nut had come completely undone? so was only running on 7 cylinders for a day or two torqued them all up again and it was all good. So I still have the MSD coils in the shed the glue is coming undone on one of them but I think the stockers are fine so will leave them on.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
The pump hasnt moved, I re-worked the stock braket that holds the p/steer resi and made it fit the inner guard. I think the engine looks cleaner that way.
I didnt move the colis as I think a short H-T lead works better then a long one.
139.jpg

140.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Thats a great idea, Whats involved in doing that?

As for the coils, I'm planning to relocate mine the chassis rails, so the standard leads will still fit :) .

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Bend the bracket in the right spots (Two bends) cut the bracket at the right spot then weld back together and paint drill two holes and fit. the standard p/steer lines will fill also.